Zelda - the Wind Waker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called home... still no sign of it
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

How can they all be sent at roughly the same time to the same country, but have such varying delivery times? Some people got it on monday with the standard delivery.

I live in Surrey / SW London area, so it's not as if I'm in the sticks - the post is generally pretty good.

Bizarre.

Comment

im in awe...seriously, just so much to take in. I just acquired the master sword the events that preceded it left me gob smacked. ****in magnificent. Pure magic.

Comment

We're supposed to be discussing the game, not the wait for it.

The story is great, isn't it Taxi? I was pretty shocked by how well it ties up. I had no idea where Princess Zelda was going to come in. I actually was beginning to think that they were just going to scrap that Idea and not have any Princess Zelda in it. Just use the name with that style of game 'cos it's tradition or some crap. But, heh. They've got a tight story alright.

Gotta find that little kokorok that plays the violin....

Comment

Oh no... I guessed Zelda early... I was just waiting to be proved right

As for the violin chap, that had me pulling my hair for a while...

Originally posted by spoiler
            Go back to Deku island and you'll see notes coming out of the waterfall. But you must somehow "swing" into the fall to get into the secret cave rather than trying to walk into it.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I know exactly how you feel.
              Itt'l come tommorow, otherwise, well you know................

Comment

I love that little Tree Spirit dude. He looks so cute! Ahem....

Anyhoo, i am definitely glad i played through the JAP version first. Not only has it made the wait for the US version bearable, it also increases the satisfaction on completing a puzzle, dungeon or task all the more pleasant.

The part you are talking about now, was a real sit back and smile moment while playing through the JAP version. I hadn't a hint in the world, but using my common sense and knowledge thought where would I have gone if I were him? And what do u know? He was there!

Another reason why WW is just so fantastic. It has a sense of truth not seen in many games. If you think you can do something, by-golly you can!
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I been playing Wind waker for the past 3 days now and have got to say this game is more addictive than crack. Everything just feels so right about it and brings back that feeling when i first stuck on SM64 and Shenmue for the first time. The graphics are truely next gen quality, the animation is beyond words and the gameplay zips along at a far quicker pace than OOT and feels more like LTTP in more action and not so much puzzle solving. Also you get the feeling of it being overwhelming some times cause of seeing things at sea and other areas, asking you to bring back things or see objects that you can`t reach yet, that you know theres alot ahead which is always nice to see. After the dissapointment of mario, i didn`t think nintendo could pull of a truly class zelda title but they`ve proved me wrong and i would class it as my favourite zelda title yet. Can i also mention again how great it looks

Comment

Quote:
                    I know exactly how you feel.

Itt'l come tommorow, otherwise, well you know................
                    Please stop adding delivery rubbish to the discussion.
                    There is a dedicated thread for postage moans.
                    I know some of you are still new.
                    But around here we generally stick to the topic.

GO HERE

Comment

Goin back on topic, after diggin into the game more, I'm finding I love it more and more, it's got the feel of Ocarina of Time, but the completness of Link to the Past = imo the perfect home console Zelda game

Cel Shading does the job beautifully, the most complete cel shaded world ever? I don't think bog standard 3D graphics would have had half as much style and charm.

Music so far has been the weakest link for me, but it's still pretty good.

Best game on GameCube??? Quite possibly

Comment

Gents, let's keep it on topic, aye? Best use the offical "where the smeg is my copy" thread, as linked above by Firsty.

Comment

The music is fantastic.
                          I hum it so much.

One of the finest moments graphically is when night turns to day. The haze on the horizon, the sky changing colour, the clouds.

Also as you'd mentioned to me Smeg, the ocean is so fantastic. Easy on the cube but so amazingly expansive. And interesting! Whoever had that idea really needs much back patting. And hoes!

Comment

I got attacked by a huge monster in the sea today but I boomeranged him good also got the cannon upgrade for the boat which is excellent fun. I'm enjoying it so much that I only looked at the preview vids today. Looks like you can use any part of the track on F-zero, going upside-down, etc

Comment

I love the sound the boomerang makes now

THWACK

Enemy 0wned

On a side note, it would seem you maybe haven't played F Zero X. That's just a tube section. Try Big Blue on the last version.

Comment

Please stop adding delivery rubbish to the discussion.
                                There is a dedicated thread for postage moans.
                                I know some of you are still new.
                                But around here we generally stick to the topic.
                                calm down son, hardly affects you does it

Comment

Working...
                                X