Zelda - the Wind Waker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garibaldi Biscuit
    I'm in the Forbidden Woods atm and have to say this is the best Zelda since LTTP for me. The graphics continue to amaze, and lend an very effective atmosphere to the game. Sailing across the sea never felt boring, which I feared it might, and using my new leaf to sail across the chasm to the Forbidden Woods was a great moment.

Easily up there with Prime, IMO, and certainly the most interesting and exciting release of the year so far for me - it would take something very special indeed to better this.
    I'm at the same place and I agree 100%. Outstanding level design in that section. I'm up to the boss but haven't gone in yet as I went out to watch the football just after I got the key.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1981
      I despise you all for getting this before me and then rubbing my nose in it! ft:

Anyone got it from DVDBO yet (standard delivery)?
      Mine arrived on Monday - Fastest anything has ever arrived from DVDBO.

I'm thouroughly enjoying the game, but the lack of a nice RGB cable is really hampering my enjoyment of the graphics.

An RGB cable is a bit of an essential for TWW, I reckon.

Comment

this game is amazing. it almost feels like a next generation title. how detailed and absorbing can a game be? the whole thing feels alive.

out of interest does anyone perfer zelda 64? i never really enjoyed it that much. the 1 minute day and night cycle really got on my tits, as well as, all the brown....

Comment

Gotten to the boss of that plant area (forget the name of it now). Man, what a bitch! I had to leave for work right when I got to it, so all I got to do was test it out and then take my ass as it was kindly handed to me by said boss. I know what I have to do, and no just have to hone my l33t skills to get it done. Ugh..

Oh, and can somone join me in a hearty "Get the f00k off me!" for those damn black barbed thingies?! Good god! One step and they're all over me like white on rice. Damiit.

Comment

weird, i thought the boss of the forest area was far far easier than Dragonfell Island, i did it on my first go.

i've connected my (uk) gba sp to my (jap) GC, so that works for whoever was asking. i haven't really used tingle though, is it only worth it for co-op play? i'm not sure how he gives tips etc

i love this game, now that i have a few dungeons under my belt i'm off to sail the seas in search of treasure!

since i've been playing WW i've been having the most vivid dreams! anyone else been affected like this?

Comment

yes <g>

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                Gotten to the boss of that plant area (forget the name of it now). Man, what a bitch! I had to leave for work right when I got to it, so all I got to do was test it out and then take my ass as it was kindly handed to me by said boss. I know what I have to do, and no just have to hone my l33t skills to get it done. Ugh..

Oh, and can somone join me in a hearty "Get the f00k off me!" for those damn black barbed thingies?! Good god! One step and they're all over me like white on rice. Damiit.
                The boss isn't really difficult as it doesn't hit you much, the only problem is it can take a while to kill it.

As for the black things, I dont really see the point in them. I havent noticed them take any energy away from you, they just cling to you. One good way of getting rid of them though is by doing the spin attack (but you probably knew that already).

Comment

They do slow you down quite a bit which can make things... annoying in certain parts of the game
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

They do deal damage to you if you let them cling on for too long, it's a cumulative effect, one or two are no danger, but get ten of the basts on you and you'd better get them off before they take away half your energy bar.

Comment

I can't really add much more than whats been said but the Graphics on this game are just incredible...I'm constantly just in awe of the lighting etc. in each area...just got to the boss of Dragons Cave(?)....I LOVE this game.

Comment

I think one of the most impressive parts is before you actually get into the first proper Dungeon. The section where the wind is blowing the dust particles around and the wind is constantly changing direction (the part where u need to blow the large rock to make the water flow) This part is quite literally amazing imo, not only does it look amazing, but also the sound is just spot on too. Great stuff indeedy

Speaking of sound, the music and sound effects are just fantastic throughout. I love the how the music changes in the Important mini battles, it really adds to the tension and feeling of excitment. The music in the last section is probably some of my favourite in any game too. I shall definitely have to get the WW Album.

Also, that slicing sound when u attack a pig is very disturbing, you can really 'feel' the blade hitting the poor mammels skin. *insert evil Emoticon here*

My US version from DvDboxoffice still hasn't come sadly, thank god i played through the JAP version, otherwise i would be literally insane at this moment.
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Dammit I need more than one bottle!
                          /me goes on bottle search frenzy

Comment

i'm practically falling over myself at the plot links to Ocarina. It may not be much but its a damn sight more story than whats usually in a Zelda game. So far....so best title on GC or Xbox....PS2?? Maybe....

Comment

Hmmmm still havn't got it from DVDBO standard delivery, it was shipped on release day. Im starting to seeeeeeeeeeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabusa
                                Hmmmm still havn't got it from DVDBO standard delivery, it was shipped on release day. Im starting to seeeeeeeeeeth.
                                I know exactly how you feel.

Comment

Working...
                                X