X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weightgain
    Originally posted by Boomah

Originally posted by spoiler
    if I remeber correctly you need to get caught up in a whirlwind and you will then be able to see the guy. shoot him with your arrows.
    hope that helps
    Hey dude. If I recall the tornado that I saw him in was unusually coloured..........can I jump into any tornado or only this special one ?? It's really bugging me as I have been stuck on this bit for around a week !!!! Cheers

Thanks
    It's the really BIG one you need, the samller one's won't do anything for you!

Nice and ambigous,

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
      It's the really BIG one you need, the samller one's won't do anything for you!
      Boy, if I had a dollar for every time I've said THAT...

Comment

I completed this at the weekend (hurrah, I get my life back .....Damn, just spotted Metroid sitting there - oh well ). Now I'm just mopping up.

However, I have a question...

There is a gap on my item screen. It's below the Grappling Hook, and to the right of the Iron Boots. What should this be, and how do I get it?
        Cheers peeps

Comment

Originally posted by QuickJim
          I completed this at the weekend (hurrah, I get my life back .....Damn, just spotted Metroid sitting there - oh well ). Now I'm just mopping up.

However, I have a question...

There is a gap on my item screen. It's below the Grappling Hook, and to the right of the Iron Boots. What should this be, and how do I get it?
          Cheers peeps
          I think it's the special mask that let's you see your enemies' health. You need to give 40 Joy Pendants to the teacher at Windfall to get it.

Comment

I think it's the special mask that let's you see your enemies' health. You need to give 40 Joy Pendants to the teacher at Windfall to get it.

Nope, I've got that.

Comment

Quick Jim, the gap is for the:

Magic Armour - which allows you to form a protective barrier around Link using your magic power. You get it from Zunari on Windfall Island. I assumed it was for getting him different items to sell in his shop, although I haven't yet got all the items for him, just the Sea Flower, Exotic Flower, (the other basic flower that I can't remember the name of) and the Pinwheel - he gave it to me anyway. He asked me to continue looking for items, but that he had nothing left to reward me with.
              Hope that helps.

Comment

I have a question and I'm not sure if this was covered here, but how in the hell do I get on top of that chandelier to fight Gannon at the very end. I've been swinging every which way but I can't seem to get it...

Comment

About Yorda's Saviours item:

Doesn't Zunari give you the magic armour, after you catch the thief (at night) which he tells you about (he says something about, someone trying to force open his secret treasure thing)? I remember having got the armour, well before gathering all the shop items.

Originally posted by Che Musashi
                  I have a question and I'm not sure if this was covered here, but how in the hell do I get on top of that chandelier to fight Gannon at the very end. I've been swinging every which way but I can't seem to get it...
                  Is this the part after you beat all the mini-boss forms Ganondorf morphs into? There should be a rope you climb up, and as you reach the top of the first chandelier, look up to spot the familiar grapple hook object, hook onto it, hold R to stop you from swinging, then hold Up on the analogue to just climb up the rope to the top of the hook.

Comment

It doesn't seem to want me to go all the way up, when I climb my grappling hook. This is one Zelda game I do want to finish. I'll try it again tonight.

Rereading your post I just figured out my problem. I was trying to do it from the other side. Basically I was getting blocked by the very object I wanted to climb. Thanks...watch out Gannon your next.

Comment

Please humour me. Yes, I found it horriblely addictive, but I have a number of issues with the game.

The camera, which was great in OoT and MM is now a good degree worse. When fighting the insects in the Deku dungeon, it got stuck behind a wall, and I was getting twatted without being able to see.

The cheap triforce bit near the end adds nothing to the game at all.

The vast majority of the music is lifted from OoT. As good as it was, I don't want to hear rehashes of old music for a game with such a striking style. Dragon Roost shows how good the original music is. If I wanted to hear Ganon's Tower, Karkiro[ikoiko .etc] and most of the dungeon music again I would be playing OoT.

The vast majority of puzzles are also lifted straight from OoT and MM. Light the torches? Play the song? Grrrr. Damn Command Melody.

Most importantly, where is the overworld music? A little snatch in the intro, and that's it. Imagine how much better the final fight would have been with the familiar tune playing.

However, it is the appreciation thread, so...

The aformentioned final fight. With that excellent ending to it.
                      The Deku leaf. It's just ace.
                      Sailing. Surprisingly non-boring.
                      Medli when she's just bashed into a wall. 'When did you become triplets?'
                      Cannonballs.
                      The boomerang. Useful throughout the entire game. And it looks good.
                      The hammer. More personality than most video game characters.
                      The bosses. Though not difficult, they do look fantastic. My vote goes to lava bug thing.
                      The final fight. Again.

Comment

I believe the music is the same because they want to create some sort of continuity. You may not have noticed but a lot of the music was from the older games in the series too. The nostalgia was fantastic.

And the camera...well. I found it flawless. Best camera in a game yet. I'm guessing you don't really exert much of your own control over it then? When I played, my right thumb was on the c stick mostly. The camera is one of the most important controls. And it could move everywhere I wanted it. You just have to take RESPONSABILITY for it. It's not automatic because that IMO leads to problems.

Comment

I really had no issues with the camera and I really enjoyed the ending. I just finished it last night. I have to give props to Nintendo for including the Nintendo Gallery. I'm almost finished but the sense of accomplishment I got from filling what rooms I have is great.

Also though I haven't experienced it, it was nice for them to include replay value so now you can understand Hyrulian or whatever its called. Plus sporting your casual duds is spiffy.

My favorite boss was the giant lava bug. That sand worm just pissed me off though. Probably my least favorite part of the game.

Sailing was fun. Tingle was disturbing but funny and the little bits of voice they had added just enough emotion/character to the moments they required it. My favorite part was when he went to go resque his sister and suddenly ended up in the barrel. I laughed out loud at that...

Miyamoto san I'm not worthy.

Comment

posted this in wrong thread....

I'm coming to the end of Zelda:Tww... I don't want it to end...

I'm dragging it out as long as I can before the final confrontation, going round the islands, looking for treasure, heart pieces, trading, taking pictographs... this game has been one of the most refreshing games I've played in a very long time. The world is alive... the music, the graphics, the animation, the storyline.. everything about it is great. An innocent game, with genuine heart and imagination.

Thing is, I went to play Wolfenstein the other day, it should have impressed me... but it didn't. I got bored. Bland visuals, bland mechanics, bland AI, bland story.. everything was by the books.

Zelda has spoiled me.

I don't care what other think about the graphics, the are perhaps the best graphics I have ever seen. They really bring the world to life.. the animation has to be seen to be believed. Almost all other games look bland in comparison.

I doubt we'll see anything else like it in this hardware generation (unless we get a sequel!).

Comment

"Thing is, I went to play Wolfenstein the other day, it should have impressed me... but it didn't. I got bored. Bland visuals, bland mechanics, bland AI, bland story.. everything was by the books.

Wolfenstien was a terrible game IMO...but thats not my point...

"Zelda has spoiled me"

I was thinking the same thing just the other day, but the thing which struck me was, 'if this had come out before OOT, would it have been rated as the better game?'. I know that most people on this forum are rating WW as the poorer, but if you played the games the other way round would your opinion be the same?

I never played OOT for more than 5 mins, and got the limited edition so that I could, but after being lost in the Wind waker world for so long I began to wonder if going back the the previous game would have as much hold over me...?

Comment

An interesting point... TooT was a fantastic game... probs my favourite, however, I'd be interested in the opinion of someone who played TWW first.

I actually prefer sailing to riding Epona, perhaps that's mainly because the sea is much more expansive and open than Hyrule plain was.

Now for the next game, if they introduce a flying horse... omg.

There's so much character and attention to detail. I read in a review the other day, and it's true, that the skull hammer has more character than some entire games!

Comment

Working...
                                X