No announcement yet.

Pilot Wings Resort (3DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75 info points got, plus all 60 stunt rings, just got a couple of balloons, mii box things & gold rings to go

I still miss a proper parachute mode but other than that this nails the pilotwings vibe perfectly.

Comment

Comment

you must have the patience of a patient saint! well done!!

Comment

What a lazy lazy effort this product is. Doesn't even have parachutes. The 3D sucks. FAIL. 5/10.

Comment

What an insightful and well written critique.

Comment

I somehow missed this thread last month but mekanor I just want to congratulate you on getting 3 red stars on everything. I sold my copy after getting 3 normal stars, which was damn well hard enough on some levels let alone getting a perfect!

In contrast to Zero9Xs feelings about this game I actually miss owning it quite a bit. The 3D is lovely, as are the graphics and the it plays like a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post

thats amazing - how long did that take you?

Comment

Got this along with OoT and my 3DS the other day.

It could be that I've approached it as a '20 minute blast before bed game', but I'm finding it a real delight.

The controls are perfect, the cheesoid muzak from the 64 game has made a triumphant return, and it has that breezy, joyful Nintendo quality that's neatly emphasised by the 3D. Playing as your Mii really enhances those victories, as do the lovely animations such as the Mii's little jog across the landing pad. Also, the resort island is quite nicely realised, and a lot more developed than I was expecting it to be. It's much bigger than Pilotwings 64's levels.

I can see why folks'd be miffed at the potential shortness, but I'm down with the old-school approach of just revisiting and nailing all of the levels, as in Mekanor's downright inspiring post.

Comment

haha thanks, according to the activity log I've played for around 20 hours, which is way longer than I would of guessed... (3 hour game pfft)

Not sure if I should be proud of the time spent or not, but it was quite an achievement when that screen finally showed up. It was always the landings that killed me in the glider and plane. I'd lose 1 point for impact or accuracy after an otherwise perfect run. I'm glad I played it while the console was new and precious. More than once I was tempted to cast it to the ground in anger.

I still need to go back and play free flight too!

Comment

Working...
                    X