No announcement yet.

The Witcher 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The word is that theres a patch due this evening. Should improve performance issues etc.

I think the game is downright hard even if you know what you're doing, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Comment

Yeah, here's some details:

CD Projekt has revealed details of the first major The Witcher 2 update, Patch 1.1. The plan is to release these change…

Looks good, should fix a lot of people's problems and they already announced the next patch for next week. The only bug I've ran into myself so far was not being able to do the

Poker and Fist Fight quests because the NPC's have left town

. Not even sure if it's a bug, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        Now there's an idea...

2nd generation Intel? Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
        15.6 HD WLED TL (1366x768) 720p
        4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
        1024MB NVIDIA? GeForce? GT525M
        500GB2 SATA hard drive (7200RPM)
        8x DVD+/-RW Optical Drive

My gfx card I'm assuming is weaker, but the rest looks pretty similar. Can I expect the same kind of performance?
        I reckon you'd be able to run it at 720p on low settings.
        Last edited by neoboy259; 25-05-2011, 16:51.

Comment

AMD Catalyst 11.5b Hotfix (8.85.6 RC5 - May 25) Enjoy. You are the first getting it. :hatty: Stay updated! Follow me on Twitter. Release notes:...

AMD have finally released hotfix drivers. Performance seems to be a little bit smoother for me especially in the forest.

Comment

Thanks for that, will give these a go tonight.

Couple of hours into Act 2, the game keeps on getting better and better!

Comment

Just reinstalled Windows and just installed this. Whenever i put my activation key in, it just closes and does nothing. Is the server down or something? Can someone please tell me if the launcher says its online, i can't even see that. Its usually a lightening symbol if your online or a skull & crossbones if you are offline.
              Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 26-05-2011, 19:20.

Comment

got the new patch the performance seems a hell of a lot better to me

Comment

Still can't bloody play it. I have the patch, but the servers are down and i can't get the required files to launch the game.

Comment

Great game enjoying it so far, def been missing this kind of adventure for a while, however the combat is strange, I dont understand why including a "lock on" button (alt) A-D then dont become side step, it seems a weird design choice that they didnt do that.
                    instead you just run around and roll, so yeah at best combat is weird, but not impossible, but certainly it could of been improved control wise

I love triss >_>

Comment

Theres a lock on button? lol, i've played through the first chapter without realizing. What is it on the controller?

Comment

No idea on the controller im afraid, but its pretty useless anyway as i say, it doesnt make your movement circle the opponent or anything it just locks the camera kinda

Comment

I think it's LB on a 360 controller. I don't think it's meant as a real lock on though, it's more so you can see which enemy you currently have targeted. It's useful so you can see where you'll lunge when enemies are further away.

Comment

Well I finished this last night, and have to say it was a masterpiece. Completely refined from the already impressive original, beautiful to look at, choices that really permeate and literally make you put the controller down for 10 minutes and make 'hmmm' faces. Hell, I even enjoyed the combat, drinking potions, casting spells and rolling around like a drunk Sonic the Hedgehog getting cheeky backstabs.

Will absolutely start a second playthrough and spend more quality time with Iorveth this time.

Comment

Locking on enemies is important because you cannot attack enemies you're not targetting (until you get multi target talents).

One of the big annoyances with the combat is that your sword will pass through any enemies you aren't targetting. Usually resulting in him then attacking you as you're defenceless.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                Locking on enemies is important because you cannot attack enemies you're not targetting (until you get multi target talents).

One of the big annoyances with the combat is that your sword will pass through any enemies you aren't targetting. Usually resulting in him then attacking you as you're defenceless.
                                Yeah, the multi target talent (whirlwind I think it's called) makes life so much easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X