No announcement yet.

The Witcher 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know what version you are running?

Ah, ok the readme file. Why didn't they just put it on the right hand corner of the start screen or something.
    Last edited by SUMIRE; 07-06-2011, 12:17.

Comment

One bad thing i can say about this game now thinking back is how abrupt and open the ending is. At least it paves way to another.

Comment

still on the first chapter had to protect this women from wraiths had this weird bug happen where controls became unresponsive and the mouse camera did not seem to work

Comment

I found some more time to get back into this and kind of glad I did. Although my gaming sanity was tested to the limit with

the fighter against Letho.

Also

I've just started chapter 2 and I'm in control of a totally new character!?

Have to admit I'm still confused by what the hell is going on but I can see there's something there that's intriguing.

Comment

Completed it, Chapter 3 is a real let down. Very short, even doing side quests and the
            is the easiest boss in the game. Killing

Dethmold

was absolutely brutal though, what a way to go.

Came close to rage-quitting the game on the Draug fight. A hard enough boss fight already but it's made worse by not being able to use potions and having to do five minutes of fighting to get to it as there's no save points before him.

Good game but it's let down by occasional awful design decisions. The game is brutally hard at the start with perhaps the worst tutorial in existance but by the end it's very easy. Although the moral choices in this game are far superior to "save the puppy" or "burn down the dog shelter" type decisions they also are a bit too even handed in the way they're all justifiable in their own way, you can't make horrific mistakes or any real evil choices (they're all varying degrees of neutral or good)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              still on the first chapter had to protect this women from wraiths had this weird bug happen where controls became unresponsive and the mouse camera did not seem to work
              Yeah I got that yesterday as well. Glad to know that's not my pc playing up!

Finally nailed the
              after about 10 attempts on Hard difficulty! Once you've got it's patterns down, it's actually piss easy. It's just knowing what you actually have to do on it, which seems to be the problem making everything difficult early on.

Comment

I'm at the point where I need to kill the beast mentioned above but I don't even know where it is or how to initiate the fight. I have discovered that traps are your best friend in this game. I'm actually really enjoying it but they do tend to leave you to your own devices a lot. Also, when having conversations it's just mental. List of possible things to say:

1. Some outrageous claim That the player knows nothign about
                2. Some statement the player knows nothing about
                3. Goodbye

Is it just me not paying attention?

Comment

FSW, It just so happens I did a youtube video of defeating said beast.

I suggest people wary of spoilers don't view it, but look on FSW and you'll see how I defeated him/her/it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

FSW : are you definately tracking the appropriate quest chain in your journal? It should lead you through all the steps to get to him.

I also recommend using vitality restoring potions for the fight. Lots of cut scenes + relying on Quen a lot means you get get a lot of health back in that fight (which you need)

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                      FSW, It just so happens I did a youtube video of defeating said beast.

I suggest people wary of spoilers don't view it, but look on FSW and you'll see how I defeated him/her/it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgV4fwl_qQI
                      Good vid. All the other must have it on easy as there's no rock throwing on the bridge.

I've had about 30 goes at this now. There's always tomorrow. This is a crap boss fight though.

Comment

FSW: if you're getting to the rock throwing bit with low health, there's a rock you can hide behind where he'll never hit you. Stay there for a while and regenerate your health (make sure you drink a regeneration potion before). Also a good place to put Quen up again.

Comment

Thanks. Is there a trick to getting past the bridge bit or do I have to just prepare for the damage? Also, block won't stop the rocks from knocking be down will it? Once I'm knocked down I can;t get back up in time before the next barrage. At this point it appears to be impossible :-(

Comment

The way I did it was to get to the cover asap then just to legged it to the bridge once I had full health.

I kept dying on that bit because I wasn't sure where to go and got electrocuted. I was getting rather peeved.

Comment

I can get to a safe spot at the bottom of the bridge and heal up. Left tentacle bashes down and right one hurls rocks. from some vis it seems that if I use Quen then getting hit will knock me down but not cause me to lose health. That sound right?

EDIT: Just watched Silvergun's vid more closely and reckon I'll drop this mofo tonight!

Comment

Yep. Once Quen has gone down, it's probably not worth putting it back up again.

Can't remember if the safe spot is actually a bridge piece or a big rock but it's something that was fairly obvious and on the way to the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X