Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    Hehe. Easy mistake.

Regarding Limbo, it's difficult gauging how long a game it is because it depends on how quickly you can figure out the puzzles. Took me 4, maybe 5 hours to complete, but it's such a uniquely beautiful and atmospheric game that it's well worth buying.
    Thanks man! Defo gonna get this next time im on the PS3, thanks for your comments!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      This will teach me to browse and type with a minimised window during work time
      I was kind of excited there. I went and trawled the Japanese store after using search brought up nothing in the UK and US one.

Comment

I notice that this hasn't been released in Japan on the 360 with apparently no plans to do so. Has Kinect not been released there? I wonder if that tells us that Rez was more popular internationally than it was in its home land?

Comment

Got the PS3 version of this today. I have to say.. I don't get it. It's pretty and all - but I just don't get what the fuss is about.

Comment

Did you ever play or like Rez? I bought this last month and have only played it once, but I loved it, even though the early music is very underwhelming to me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
              Got the PS3 version of this today. I have to say.. I don't get it. It's pretty and all - but I just don't get what the fuss is about.
              Welcome to my world and Rez circa 2000! Panzer Dragoon Orta was the infinitely better rail shooter at the time.

Comment

I never played that Panzer enough, need to load it up again some day. Is it 360 compatible? I think it's perhaps an atmosphere thing, Rez has the technological / virtual setting thing going on, while Panzer Dragoon has it's own universe- some may prefer one to the other or like both. I always wanted to play Rez since I saw the K-Project previews, and I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                  I never played that Panzer enough, need to load it up again some day. Is it 360 compatible?
                  Yup. Kinda. I think you get an error message at the end of the third level and then it boots you from the game.

I got the PS3 of this version yesterday. Played a coupla levels using Move...which took some getting used to but it works a treat with the gesture controls off.

Anyway, mind blown - The way the flow and pace of the levels change depending on how 'full-on' the music is is just...wow. They did the same with Rez, but the extra visual detail really emphasises the breaks and builds. The first level boss from Rez re-imagined was just awesome too. Also it is FUN.

I just hope the levels snowball as successfully as in Rez...and that the last level is the stuff of dreams.

Comment

I've had the PS3 version sitting on a shelf for the last week, not really anticipating playing the game. Last night I played the Matrix and Evolution levels and came away impressed. I'm using the Dual Shock to play and have had no troubles at all with aiming. It's a slightly simpler beast than Rez but that means in some ways I prefer it as I find it easier to focus on the visuals.

Comment

I found the complete opposite. The graphics are far more "busy" than Rez with some sections much more difficult to make out what you're supposed to be hitting.

Comment

Yeah, I thought Rez was the simpler game too. And the better for it.

What I did like in Child of Eden was the bonus score attack stage you unlock by beating the game (I forget what it's called). It's a brilliant stage (probably because it's most like Rez) and incredibly addictive. Indeed I've been tempted to pick the game up again just to play score attack.

Comment

I couldn't get this game at all, I found I was forcing myself to play it and not enjoying any of it all. It feels like someone has tried top copy Rez without really understanding what made Rez work so well, it's so disappointing as there's virtually no other rail shooters left these days.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
                            I couldn't get this game at all, I found I was forcing myself to play it and not enjoying any of it all. It feels like someone has tried top copy Rez without really understanding what made Rez work so well, it's so disappointing as there's virtually no other rail shooters left these days.

John
                            This for me too. Wanted to like it, but I couldn't get along with the visuals, and I found myself constantly button mashing, which Im sure is not the way its supposed to be played.

Comment

i find quite hard to chain up perfect shots as there is neither visual nor audible clue of a maximum lock-on.

the move control lacks precision and responsiveness of the Dual Shock controller, i wonder what it's like with Kinect.

Comment

there is, the reticule goes full blue when you have 8 targets. to be perfect it has to be in tempo anyway, and if you dont have 8 locks it doesn't interrupt your chain at all. you can hit 8 perfectly 3 times in a row, then only shoot down 6 targets in a single shot, and go back into another perfect 8 and your chain will pick up where it left off. its only if you screw up the timing on a 8 lock shot that the chain is lost (good rating maintains the chain but doesn't increase it)

Move controls work perfectly if you ignore calibration advice and only move an inch or two to the left instead of 20-30cm as per the advice. around the edge of the little circle it shows seems to be the sweet spot.
                                Last edited by yvrmikiw; 16-10-2011, 14:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X