Child of Eden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSW View Post
    You've played both versions of the game and can tell the ps3 is lower res? Or you read this somewhere? Btw, I never called you a fanboy, I was referring to all the stuff you'd been reading on that there Internet. Your last couple of posts do make you sound fanboyish though!
    I don't understand the logic of being called a fanboy when I own both consoles. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm open minded enough to know for a fact that the PS3 plays host to technically inferior ports of 360 games. That's not a controversial opinion, it's a fact. I always buy the superior version. It's why I own both consoles. That's about as unfanboyish as you can get. Also, you only have to have read my posts on the previous page for answers to your other questions.
    Last edited by bcass; 23-04-2012, 11:54.

Comment

It's because you haven't backed up anything you've said and are repeatedly not answering the question "Have you got both versions of the game?". Console ownership isn't an "I'm not a fanboy" get out clause either. Also there have been several PS3 ports that are better than their 360 counterparts. All this really does sound more and more like you simply assumed the PS3 version must be inferior but now can't actually come up with any evidence beyond "I'm sure I read somewhere". BTW, I'm still not actually calling you out here, I'm just trying to show why some of the things you've said make you sound like an XBox fanboy.

Since playing Star Wars Kinect and Kinect Adventures yesterday (and discovering that Kinect can actually work really well!) I am of the opinion that I reckon Child of Eden would be even better on Kinect than it is with PS Move.

Comment

It's because you haven't backed up anything you've said
        In one of my very first posts, just a few pages back, I already said it was stuff I read on another forum.

and are repeatedly not answering the question "Have you got both versions of the game?".
        Again, I already answered this just a few pages back. At least have the courtesy to take note of facts because accusing me of stuff.

All this really does sound more and more like you simply assumed the PS3 version must be inferior but now can't actually come up with any evidence beyond "I'm sure I read somewhere".
        No, it's not like that at all. The opinions come from people who's opinion I trust. People whose posts I've been reading for the best part of 10 years, not just some random spouting ignorant fanboy drivel.

Also, I don't care about Kinect, I play CoE using a pad. For that alone, the 360 version wins hands down for me.

Comment

If you have answered the question "Have you got both versions of the game?" then I need you to point me to the post. I seriously cannot find it.

Why does playing with a pad make the 360 version win hands down by the way? Because you prefer the 360 pad to the PS3's? You did say that it became annoying playing with the pad after a while and that it feels like it was designed for Kinect.

Comment

If you have answered the question "Have you got both versions of the game?" then I need you to point me to the post. I seriously cannot find it.
            Just a few pages back:

Originally posted by bcass View Post
            I've read on rllmuk that the whole thing just plays like an inferior port. I've not played the PS3 version myself.
            Why does playing with a pad make the 360 version win hands down by the way? Because you prefer the 360 pad to the PS3's?
            The 360 pad is better than the PS3 pad, yes, at least where this game is concerned (analogue sticks).
            Last edited by bcass; 23-04-2012, 13:14.

Comment

Aha. Cheers.

Well, it's just hearsay then really. The PS3 version looks spectacular, runs sweet and has no issues that I've found. None of the reviews I read made any mention of any technical inferiority in the PS3 version, which is pleasing. I still would love to play this with kinect.

Originally posted by bcass View Post
              It becomes annoying with the pad after repeated play. Frustrating in the worst possible ways. It very definitely feels like it was designed for Kinect. Pad play is very unbalanced.

Comment

To me bcass is completely trolling the post, i own all consoles 360,ps3 and wii ,and what ive played on the ps3, only the most graphics loving hoe would complain what the ps3 is running it at and scaling it at.
                p.s if there is any difference it must be negligible, but i cant confirm as i dont own the 360 version.
                Last edited by MisterBubbles; 23-04-2012, 13:19.

Comment

Well, neither of you have played both versions, whereas someone whose opinion I value on another forum has, and according to him, the PS3 version is technically inferior. That's all there needs to be said on the matter really. You seem to want to make it personal just because you might have the inferior version. That's a million times more "fanboyish" than anything I've said. I have no particular allegiance to either console. If the PS3 version turns out to be technically better (which I very much doubt) then I'll play that in favour of the 360 version.

Comment

Maybe the PS3 version isn't as good. I dunno but bcass did he'd heard the PS3 version was "significantly technically inferior" and I would have expected all the reviews to pick up on this if it was the case. My conclusion therefore is that whoever originally said this must be wrong, and that's good news! PS3 has had its fair share of bad ports over the years. Great to see that this definitely isn't one of them and for those with 3d tvs it's actually the definitive version to get ( I only have a lowly 2d tv :-( )

Comment

So somebody reading this thread has to rely on the assertions of and un-named person, whos skills in how games run and build quality we dont know, trolling of the worst kind.

Anybody with a ps3 have no worries about picking up the game and loving it and its jaw dropping visuals, End Of.

Comment

I already pointed you to a review that talks about the inferiority of the PS3 version. Also, why would you expect most sites to pick up on it when most sites only review one version?

My conclusion therefore is that whoever originally said this must be wrong, and that's good news!
                        Massive LOLs. Seriously, that's the fanboy equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la, I can't hear you".

Comment

I'm not going "la la la I can't hear you". I'm just not listening to what your mate has to say on the matter.

Comment

So, you won't believe a review and you won't believe someone elses opinion. And based on you not having played both versions, you're saying they must be wrong. You do realise how silly you look right now don't you?

Comment

As much as I love this I'm not very good at it. Only managed to clear the first level last night. Is it worth me reading up on how to play it or will it all fall into place eventually?

Comment

The PS3 version looks great, I don't think it could look much better so what's the point in this conjecture.

I thought my move was bummed and I may be dumb but struggled to calibrate it, until I realised that you have to platy it like the Kinnect version.
                                Last edited by Baseley09; 23-04-2012, 13:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X