Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams pinball classics (360/PS3/Wii/PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, might replace my US copy with the UK one reading about those tweaks. Loving that controller

Comment

Managed to complete all the regular table goals on everything except for one left on whirlwind. Got a couple of of tables completed for all the wizard goals as well, favourite tables have to be Tales of the arabian nights, Funhouse, Medievil madness & Space shuttle. Im still trying to determine wether Jive time is just a troll as the effort you have to go through to unlock it & the fact it drains balls quicker than a hooker on overtime makes it rather a sick joke. Surely they could have found a better table to unlock than that. Apart from that the rest is just wonderful, makes me want more of these collections as theres still so many tables they could add in, even if they dont do licensed ones theres still an awful lot from the history vaults.

Comment

Hi. I tried to promote this after reading the review on metro. Nowhere seems to sell it, Zavvi are out, and i won't buy of game and gamestation. Looks great, i found pinball fx2 too complicated, this looks more my thing.

Comment

If you dont want to order online, try calling your local Game & see if they have any copies in as thats the only place i found it. In Leeds theres 2 Games and both ony got a few in on launch day which is crazy really considering the **** that they do flood the shelves with. Even more mind boggling considering it's been getting rather a few good reviews, well worth tracking down if you love pinball you really will enjoy it, well apart from the jive time table as thats just an evil joke

Comment

I'll get it at some point, i strated a thread on avforums, but no replies at all. Sounds like poor distribution.

Comment

I've only ever seen it for sale on the highstreet in Game, retailing for ?24.99.

It's a shame it has had such a poor launch, as I can't see a sequel being released based on current sales.

Comment

has anyone played the PSP one ?

Comment

Yeah, I played the PSP version. Got it what seems like ages ago when it was released in the US, before the GO existed so it must be some time ago. I can't compare it to the bigger versions as I haven't played those but it's excellent on PSP. If I remember correctly, my only slight criticism would have been that it's a bit jaggy at the PSP screen res and could have done with some AA. But it plays great.

Comment

My local Game only got the PS3 version in, retailing at ?29.99.

I've the PSP version also, and I would agree it looks a bit jaggy. Also everything can seem a bit too small and blurry, though I do only have a old Phat PSP so that screen might have something to do with it, and of course I've been playing the 360 version a lot. I don't have the same problem though on the Gottlieb PSP classics.

We've been spoiled by the PinballFX2 online leaderboards, as the ones in Williams are woeful. To be fair though the game does pre-date PFX2 by a good few years, but even just some basic touch ups should have been added - view only friends scores etc.

Comment

Yeah, how do you see your score online?
                      Aye, got it in Hull the other day for 18 quid brand new. Absolutely terrible distribution, which is a shame as the game is pretty solid.
                      I'd prefer heavier feeling balls, better leaderboards and a tate mode view, even though I couldn't use that option.

Comment

The game also came out on the 3ds on July 1st

Comment

I haven't seen it anywhere. Does it have everything the other versions have? I enjoyed it on PSP and I'd be tempted to go again.

Comment

I was looking for the 3DS version earlier. Only place I can find it online is at Zavvi. They say dispatched in 3 days though, so that says to me they don't really have it in stock. Also there are no reviews out there for it. Very strange

Comment

I have it on oder from Zavvi and was told when i e-mailed about it that the game only got a special order release. I guess that means they get sent a copy when it is ordered and would also explain why no physical stores appear to have it.

Asda and Tesco also had it on 3 day order when i put my order in on Monday with Zavvi.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                I haven't seen it anywhere. Does it have everything the other versions have? I enjoyed it on PSP and I'd be tempted to go again.
                                From what im told it's missing the 3 extra tables, Tales of the arabian nights, no good gophers & medievil madness.

Comment

Working...
                                X