Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams pinball classics (360/PS3/Wii/PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typically, recieved my online copy from Game today, a week later.

A word of warning regarding anyone who may of pre-ordered something with Game.co.uk. It took a whole week to get 90 minutes down the road. It was stamped with a CITIPOST DSA TRACKED postage stamp, nothing to do with the Royal Mail at all (although they may of ultimately delivered it through the door).

I suggest if you've got the BIG games pre-ordered with these clownshoes, think again and go somewhere else.

Comment

I gave it 7. Nice tables through the ages, but the leaderboards are disgraceful!

Comment

I've found it amusing that System3 have stamped all over this, with producer and other credits in the manual (which is great), and yet through developer and publisher deals not one of them have noticed that every SINGLE TIME YOU PLAY A TABLE AND ADJUST THE VIEWS AND RETURN TO IT LATER ALL THE VIEWS HAVE BEEN RESET! It saves something after every game, yet clearly this was missed. This came out in 2009 originally right? And yet no one has bothered to fix this? Its 2011 now. Smacks of not really doing their job properly if you ask me.

I can't fault the tutorials however!

Comment

The tutorials really put pinball fx2's to shame, in fx2 you are giving hardly any info to go on to work out how to get certain modes but in this version everything on each table is explained in great detail. one of the things i really like, yeah i noticed the view resets but for me it's not that much of a hassle as it just 1 click away.

So whats everyones fave tables so far??

Comment

Arabian Nights. Although I am ****e at every table, never was any good at pinball!

Comment

Medieval Madness is my fave. Not played in a while, might have to fire it up

Comment

My order status had been updated to "awaiting stock pick" i assume that means they have it now. I have emailed and told them to cancel if not

Comment

Anyone played this in the arcades?

Loved playing this on the coast arcades when I was younger and then the epic quest of trying to find it the subsequent years after. Nowhere to be found now

Comment

i truly suck at this....reactions of a sleepy snail
                    managed the goals on 4 tables...unlocked Medievil madness and cant get a single one on it!

my favourite so far is the gopher one tho

Comment

Order cancelled by Zavi as they are unable to obtain stock. Yet it is still listed for dispatch in 3 days

Comment

That's Zavvi/The Hut/Asda Entertainment for you. Very good at advertising stuff they don't have in stock.

Ordered mine (xbox) from Gamestation a couple of weeks back - I've only managed to complete the goals on two tables so far but have unlocked 3 - favourite is the gopher one as well.
                        Last edited by AlonzoUK; 20-09-2011, 06:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                          Anyone played this in the arcades?

Loved playing this on the coast arcades when I was younger and then the epic quest of trying to find it the subsequent years after. Nowhere to be found now
                          Only played it once, suffered from the table being too short iirc. Also suffered from being an expensive pinball machine filled with ramps aimed at the gap between the flippers or down the sides (something common to lots of later pinball machines)

Comment

Despite my initial slating, I am still playing this for an hour or so nightly. I still stick by my initial score, and the fact that the leadboards are the worst ever (they could of really made something out of this game with these) and the Williams Challenge is repetative to breaking point (the same order of play).

I swear that if I would of played some of these tables for real I would of kicked the living daylights out of the cabs though!

Comment

This is a really good game, put together ****e though! Leaderboards are awfull, camera angles can be w bit awkward too even if you change them, they just never feel quite right for me.

Tables are great with some tough frustrating goals, basic goals can be hard enough at times. Really good instructions to help you out.
                              Well worth picking this up if you can find a copy.

Comment

I only have 3 tables left where I need the wizards goals so it not been to hard remember to use the nudge feature as some of the early tables the balls seem to love the out lanes. I have seen a few dodgy bits of ball emulation on some table. On pin-bot one ball went stright through the wall. Personally I don't care much for leader boards but I know what you mean compared with fx 2 they are not up to scratch. One other thing the manual really is nice with lots of nice information about the real life pinball tables.
                                Last edited by slicer1000; 21-09-2011, 12:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X