No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game may well ruin Christmas for me. No turkey, no family, missus can bugger off. Just put me in my cave with my Jedi sage.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      Is there any reason to NOT use a companion?, so far I cant seem to find any drawbacks to using one (such as a negative impact on how much you earn for kills or the like) and they make the game much easier so i cant understand why there is an option to play without one?
      Crew Skills.

When they're crafting, or gathering, or doing missions you've assigned to them, they're unavailable in combat.

They also get automatically dismissed for human party members if the party is full.

They are there to help you out though, and they're a part of each classes storyline.

Comment

Went into ASDA this morning (Canterbury) and they no longer sell PC games. Checked HMV yesterday and it was ?45. Think I will just wait, much as I really, really want to play this!

Comment

What server is everyone playing on? I've a few characters on the go at the moment on the Trask Ulgo server. Nekzor lvl 10 Sith Warrior, Lio'an lvl 1 Bounty Hunter, Mymi lvl 1 Sith Inquisitor and Sivoydu lvl 4 Imperial Agent.

Comment

Ok, so please all start with the hipocrite name calling and various stoning routines. I have succumbed to google eyed Star Wars sydrome and had to buy it. In my defence, my brother is actually getting me it for crimbo. Albeit there will be no wrapping here...

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
              What server is everyone playing on? I've a few characters on the go at the moment on the Trask Ulgo server. Nekzor lvl 10 Sith Warrior, Lio'an lvl 1 Bounty Hunter, Mymi lvl 1 Sith Inquisitor and Sivoydu lvl 4 Imperial Agent.
              Got this today so I'll probably go with the same server your on.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                Got this today so I'll probably go with the same server your on.
                Let me know when your on next and I'll meet up with you.

Comment

If you guys are needing help deciding a server, might want to keep an eye on this page: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

The wait times for full servers are no joke, was up to 60 mins yesterday for Hex Droid.

Comment

I do want to check this out, but launch price even on the digital downloads is too expensive right now

Also im concerned at the queue times considering most of those servers are marked as "low" population.

Don't think I'll play as a jedi/sith either, prob agent or something to ring some changes

Comment

that's low population cause it's 8am, have a look a bit later

Comment

Ohh sorry I thought it was a general summary

Comment

I'm so wanting to try this, but it ain't waiting at least 60 minutes to play no game, however good it is, it can only mean one thing not enough servers, hurry up EA and get your finger out.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                            I'm so wanting to try this, but it ain't waiting at least 60 minutes to play no game, however good it is, it can only mean one thing not enough servers, hurry up EA and get your finger out.
                            There are plenty of servers that are yet to have any wait times, last time I looked they were pretty much split in half with fifty percent of them full and with long wait times and the other half of them having light loads, I was lucky enough to choose one where I havent had to wait so far.

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
                              Let me know when your on next and I'll meet up with you.
                              Ended up on a different server as that one was full when I tried, but I'll probably make another character and try it again.

Comment

First impressions of the game for me are not so good, but I know I need to just spend more time until the game opens up more as I hate the early part where you have no freedom, its just a linear path with quests all laid out guiding you in one direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X