THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-WIND WAKER HD review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-WIND WAKER HD review

Received my limited edition from GAME this morning,good artwork on the box but basic content packaging
    Now the game,for me Nintendo has done an amazing job on this HD version as the game looks immaculate.
    The graphics look so vibrant I honestly think this is the first time a wii u game has looked next gen .
    The framerate is silky smooth although I understand that there is some slowdown during hectic battles but have not witnessed any issues so far.Controls are excellent even with the gamepad with the screen displaying your items,map and option menus.
    Sound effects and music are quite pleasant through PCM Via my amp with plenty effects from the rear speakers
    Gameplay is as with the GameCube excellent although I haven't witnessed the swift sail to speed up your sailing adventures but look forward to using this new feature.Nintendo has made a few changes over the original GameCube version and for the better I feel.
    Overall I'm am very pleased with this conversion and has inspired me once again to set sail in this new 1080p superb looking adventure

list of new Wii U features over the GameCube version

For The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Zelda: Wind Waker HD changes list".
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Nice reversible cover art on the limited edition case too.

Static images don't do the game justice; it looks fantastic in motion.

Comment

I put around 5 hours or so into this yesterday, that is the longest I have played a game in one sitting since......Ocarina launch on the N64 I reckon.

To be honest if it wasn't for my wife wanting to watch a film I had got I would have played through.

The nice thing is I also don't remember a lot of the puzzles etc. I recognise locations as soon as I get there, but the order in which to do things and what needs doing seems fresh. I guess getting old does have benefits!

I am at work today but for the first time in 10 years I am thinking about getting back home so I can crack on with my adventure.

Just about to fight the Boss in the Forbidden Woods, I can't even remember what boss it was, looking forward to getting that done and then finding the fast sail!

Comment

Only had a short spell on it last night, got up to Windfell Island. Though most of the cel-shading is removed it looks stunning and plays so well. If the changes make the whole experience smooth then it might finally topple Ocarina for me. Visually though with the framerate, resolution and colours... I bet Mario Kart 8 looks glorious.

Comment

Been looking forward to this more than anything else apart from forza 5 and it's epic. The magical feeling has returned and the wii u has finally ejected monster hunter. One negative is it's a re-run but it's been that long since I finished it I hope to have forgotten most things and I'm a good few years older.

Comment

Only played for about 10 minutes to have a quick look, but my gosh it is gorgeous. Really glad they added Hero mode from the start as the original was far too easy, and with the ability to use the fast sail and have your inventory on the Gamepad for instant access means that most of my issues with the GC version should be alleviated.

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE View Post
              I put around 5 hours or so into this yesterday, that is the longest I have played a game in one sitting since......Ocarina launch on the N64 I reckon.

To be honest if it wasn't for my wife wanting to watch a film I had got I would have played through.

The nice thing is I also don't remember a lot of the puzzles etc. I recognise locations as soon as I get there, but the order in which to do things and what needs doing seems fresh. I guess getting old does have benefits! !
              Same here recognise the places but for the life of me can't remember the puzzles your right must be an age thing....nurse nurse I need another potty

Comment

Coming off the back of just finishing Skyward Sword I'm also loving this. It still feels as fresh today as it did 10 years ago; and also long enough for me to forget the puzzles so it's like a new game again.

It looks lush!

Here's an interesting article in that the remake only took 6 months to develop! http://www.shacknews.com/article/814...ths-to-develop

Comment

25 letters is driving me insane

Comment

Just completed the second dungeon awesome stuff
                    The speed sail makes a hell of difference over the original thank god

Comment

Great that you can upload screenies directly to imageshack now.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post

Great that you can upload screenies directly to imageshack now.
                        So pretty!!

Comment

Gonna get back on this tonight. I've been surprised by going back as to how short this installment is compared to the ones of old. Tbh I prefer it that way too.

Comment

Never played Wind Waker before, tried it for about 30 minutes last night and holy balls it's gorgeous. Such a wonderful art style, and it's all just so clean and bright and vivid and grand. Looking forwards to playing some more!

Comment

I don't have a WiiU yet (I really want one, but I don;t have the money right now), so I've decided to play the GameCube version on my Wii To be honest, I've never properly played Wind Waker! This is despite completing both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess! I've had the game for years, but never gotten very far. Now is the perfect time to play it properly! So you'll have to forgive me if I refer to things only on the Gamecube version.

So far though, I'm loving it. Absolutely gorgeous game (even in it's GameCube incarnation on a LCD HDTV), the whole thing audiovisually has such a charming feel that sucks you in. The simplicity of the whole thing is what makes it so charming. I've only played a couple of hours so far, just been

chucked off the Forsaken Fortress (sorry, I'm playing it in Japanese so I might get area names mixed up) and have reached the next town

. I've played late enough tonight, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow night when I can play some more! Refreshing stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X