THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-WIND WAKER HD review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    The sailing problem is over exaggerated. If you are sailing North, you can change to East or West without changing the wind direction. It doesn't require constant spells to navigate. You have to be a fair way into this version before you get the fast sail too.
    Changing directions in that sense is easy. Changing directions over a smaller distance, such as circling an island, is much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      I'm glad to hear they've changed the sailing mechanic, too. I'm playing through this on the Cube right now (never really got very far into it until now), and while the sailing is really fun, changing direction is a pain. For example, if I happen to see one of those leaping fish on the other side of the island that updates the map, I either have to change wind direction or crawl until I reach it.
      I found that the inventory limit of 3x3 sets of bait was far more of an issue than navigating around the map.

Comment

ARGH! Put the original back on and instantly disliked it again. Trying to swing into a waterfall needed precision timing. It's not even clear so had I not known already, I would have given up.

Comment

just finished it and overall i thought it was pretty good .

Comment

Still waiting for this, was sent from VG+ on release date (Oct4)

Comment

I'm at the collecting shards/side quests stage. I can see why people give up on it. It's gone from being fantastic to being exasperating.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm at the collecting shards/side quests stage. I can see why people give up on it. It's gone from being fantastic to being exasperating.
                Got to this stage on Friday talk about knocking the wind out of my sails
                something so sublime to play has become treading in treacle

Comment

I got to this stage yesterday evening. I've got all the shards now, and I'm clearing up side quests, which has got me liking it again. It's the shards part that I don't like. It's just filler. The seemingly endless sailing in that part is mind-numbing compared to the earlier part of the game. For side quests, I started at A1 and have been clearing each square before moving onto the next. Should be done by this evening I reckon. I might actually play MH4 afterwards.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just got all the shards and made it to Ganondorf's tower but will have to leave it for a couple of days as it's back to 12hr day shifts

Comment

Just heart pieces to go now. I don't even need anymore, but it'll lengthen it out.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I am about to do the Wind Temple and then it's the shards after right? On GC too, grind.

Comment

I'm doing the Tri-force pieces and trying to complete the

Nintendo Gallery Statues

Does anyone know if that's even possible if

you didn't photograph the bosses (I didn't acquire the colour camera until I finished the Earth temple).

Comment

You'll have to play it again. I've just got to fight the last boss, but I've given up. I can't be bothered to boot it up though.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You'll have to play it again. I've just got to fight the last boss, but I've given up. I can't be bothered to boot it up though.
                              Like a New Game Plus to round out the missing ones or literally from the start? :/

Comment

Yer. Like that.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X