THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-WIND WAKER HD review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    ?35 on zavvi at the moment seemed rude not too can't wait to dust off the wiiu.
    Aye, I picked up on this deal too Someone on HUKD had a 10% code too which was dead handy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
      Aye, I picked up on this deal too Someone on HUKD had a 10% code too which was dead handy!
      This should of been the RRP, ?35 for a hd remake that took 6 months and wasn't it supposed to be a downland title like other gamecube games.

I noticed the limited edition was back in stock at game and the Nintendo store, I couldn't justify another ?29,99 on top for a figure of Gannon, I have read about all sorts of quality issues with poor paint jobs too, if its back in stock they must of done a second run which makes it not very limited at the end of the day.

this was probably the last console zelda i finished, never got to the end of either of the wii ones, really should try, maybe after ive finished this i will go back to skyward sword.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 10-10-2013, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
        Last one I played before WW was Twilight Princess, which I loved. Played all the others (pre-wii) with the exception of WW. It was not so much the time it takes to sail as much as the way I kept getting turned around if I went off path (it's a frickin' ocean!)
        You don't know hell until you've collected all the map pieces..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          What the hell.

Has anyone completed it here?
          Surprisingly enough, I have.

Comment

Down to ?29.99 at Zavvi now for anyone waiting for a sub ?30 price.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              What the hell.

Has anyone completed it here?
              Yep finished it back in th day, great Zelda with some pacing issues and a lack of dungeons.

Had hoped they would add back in the missing content but Nintendo did this port on the cheap so I can't be bothered to pick it up.

Will wait till it's cheap instead to paid back Nintendo for their lazyness, damn it Crazytaxi I'd heard they removed the awful Triforce Quest, oh well.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? How is it made "cheaply"?

Interestingly, the new 16:9 widescreen ratio ruined the composition of certain shots, placing characters awkwardly into a frame when they shouldn't have been. “For dramatic purposes, we would have characters we didn't want in the frame, out of sight, but on the 16:9 ratio, you could still see those characters,” Aonuma explained. As a result, Nintendo had to manually reposition NPCs to not photobomb the newly widened field of view.
                That's a direct quote from Eurogamer. Sounds nothing like "cheap" to me, infact it's the best looking HD remake out there with great care put into it. They even added the fast sail etc. to please the whiny, modern pansy gamers. Try Splinter Cell HD or something if you want to see a "cheap" moneygrab. If anything here sounds "cheap" to me, it's you.

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                I can't be bothered to pick it up.

Will wait till it's cheap instead to paid back Nintendo for their lazyness
                Okay, so which one is it?
                Last edited by Guts; 15-10-2013, 20:41.

Comment

The game is a delight in HD....despite being OP.

Only played to dragons roost island, but just doing little things like the pictograph tasks is ace.

Comment

Finally got to play this last night, great update, plays so well (and easily) with the gamepad, and graphically so bright and a real pleasure to look at. Can't wait to get back to it.

Comment

Loved the visual look of this game on the Cube, but got annoyed with the whole wind-direction/boat thing. To circle an island in the boat required about 4 wind spells to navigate, changing from N=S=E=W. Drove me nuts in the end!

Comment

Good news for you then, as the remake has the new fast sail which, like the name implies, makes sailing faster AND doesn't require you to change the wind at all.

Comment

Nintendo are renowned for their gameplay. To some it's what sets them apart but when they did that original sailing mechanic someone forgot to ask "Will it be fun to use the WindWaker to change wind direction constantly whilst sailing?". Without even thinking about it you know the answer is no. Nice to see it streamlined somewhat. I'll pick this up when I get a WiiU as I only got halfway through on the cube.

Comment

I'm glad to hear they've changed the sailing mechanic, too. I'm playing through this on the Cube right now (never really got very far into it until now), and while the sailing is really fun, changing direction is a pain. For example, if I happen to see one of those leaping fish on the other side of the island that updates the map, I either have to change wind direction or crawl until I reach it.

Comment

The sailing problem is over exaggerated. If you are sailing North, you can change to East or West without changing the wind direction. It doesn't require constant spells to navigate. You have to be a fair way into this version before you get the fast sail too.

I'm enjoying it hugely though. It's fantastic looking, and plays like a dream. I have found a flaw though. Link will often get stuck into a run as soon as he gets to the top of a ladder. He keeps running into walls or enemies, which is annoying and requires a camera reset.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The sailing was ****e in the original. Over the moon they changed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X