• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story really did get interesting. The final hours though.... I got

Capcom Lost Planet

& even

Persona vibes

. The end

assault on the headquarters and final battle were tremendous and with your buddies turning up it felt like a proper climax

I can't wait to see how it plays on Evil next. The feeling of power and freedom in this game, the speed at how you scale buildings and distance.... it's just incredible and sums up how fun games can be.. and yes it does look incredible too, but that shouldn't detract from the gameplay and story, both of which I found to be AAA. Loved the voice acting too.

Comment

with this insane amount of gushing, i think i will have to pick this up!

Comment

That last boss won't be any fun on expert

Enjoyed that...despite not really feeling super powered much towards the end...lots of running away to get health back.

I shall give it an 8...depending how much an evil karma run changes the story it might even make a 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
          That last boss won't be any fun on expert
          I didn't fancy that,nearly smashed my DS4 up on that part

Comment

I did the last 50% on easy and that was a perfect challenge for me, made the fights really enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
              I can't wait to see how it plays on Evil next.
              I've done both sides of the campaign to completion, and unfortunately it doesn't have too much in the way of sub character development as you thought it would have.
              It didn't matter in terms of story as you rarely (if at all) saw

Fetch & Eugene

other than your initial meeting.
              Even when you get to choose what you want to do with them, you don't see how it pans out throughout the game at all, so your choice felt kind of moot, but only serves as a binary good/ evil option for a couple if quests afterwards.
              Apart from Reggie the peripheral characters were woefully under used.

Although I was pleased somewhat they managed to play a cover of Nirvana's 'Heart Shaped Box' a couple of times.

Also enjoyed the song/ theme that was playing when scaling

Augustines tower

towards the end.

On expert, It wasn't as rough as I was expecting. As long as you just use Neon and snipe from distance it's quite easy to kite the enemies around.

Comment

Almost quit fighting the

angel boss

Seriously. Almost threw the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Almost quit fighting the

angel boss

Seriously. Almost threw the controller.
                  I did throw the controller, a number of times

Comment

The trick to being cheap with that boss (Expert difficulty) is to max your missile capacity for both Smoke & Neon.
                    After each successful hit you will produce a stagger (and chance to land another shot) as it's usually x3 missiles needed then a few regular shots before he moves on to another section.

Abuse, rinse and repeat.

Comment

It was the bastard platforms dropping into the lava but worse than that the controls would occasionally break, moving me in the opposite direction on a platform to the direction I was pushing the stick and dumping me in the lava. Once on a platform high up I was totally in control but when he moved onto a new phase I'd be screwed for ages trying to climb back up.

I didn't even feel any satisfaction when I beat him. As such I declare this the worst boss battle I've ever played. Almost enough to spoil the game but luckily nit quite.

Comment

I am enjoying my evil play through much more so far (not got to a boss yet )

On normal I just wanted to jump into a base, destroy everything and walk out unscathed...and got annoyed when 3 bullets had me hiding behind a wall like a wimp.

Now on expert I am sneaking from roof to roof, sniping and waging more of a guerilla war. Helps that playing bad karma I can just pop up at a junction and throw 2 rockets into an APC...the surrounding cars/pedestrians all blowing up with it!

Comment

Just got it earlier today. I'm about an hour an a bit in and I'm loving it. Delsin is actually a likeable character my only gripe is how I can't really walk around much without being shot at continuously... oh and not being able to walk...

Comment

Completed my good karma playthrough 100% this evening. All sub missions & trophies collected except one which is proving tricky

comet drop on 3 coughing enemies

Loved it from beginning to end. Gonna start my evil karma expert playthrough tomorrow.

Comment

A drug bust on a roof is a good place to get that Teddy. Jumping off a slightly higher level down onto your victims.

I am now about to do the final mission on my Expert/Evil play through.
                              Enjoyed it way more, played more sensibly but also had moments of KILL EVERYTHING!!!!

The boss that annoyed Brad and Edd went down without me dying to this time. Lots of running away/circling the level though

Comment

Cheers. I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
                                X