Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3M View Post
    I'm done five Queen missions solo Jim. :P

Queen mission is a random story mission which has a boss in it. Avoid the final mission in the game however as it's in the pool.

So far got three Queen's Masks, two Queen's armours and two ships one rare and one legendary.

If you PS3 guys need a hand with one drop me a message will be on shortly.

FYI on the Crucible everyone, you can get random Exotic from it I watched in horror as the worse player on are team about level 20. Got an Exotic handgun, top player got nothing.
    What what? theres legendary ships too? Man I'm never getting off this game, though I guess that was your plan all along eh bungie :/.

That's a real pisser I. The crucible. The amout of times I've hammered everyone and get zero, I think it's a pitty system, the other night I got a few points off 7000 just on my own and nothing, the entire rest of the team got engrams.

I'm on PS3, Fishyb.

Comment

Why does this game refuse to give me the queens guard gauntlets!! I've got 6 spare queen guard chests/helms!! Waaaaa

I have no legendary weapons folks, and feel underpowered in high level strikes. What's the best course of action?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        Why does this game refuse to give me the queens guard gauntlets!! I've got 6 spare queen guard chests/helms!! Waaaaa

I have no legendary weapons folks, and feel underpowered in high level strikes. What's the best course of action?
        I got 3 queens guard chest plates too last night and nothing else, jesus those missions are fecking hard on your own, game still refuses to match me with anyone. Ended up breaking them down for materials in the end as you cant even trade. Same as you, no legendary weapons at all, so its back to grinding the crucible just so i can get one, though with having to get to cruicible rank 3 just so you can buy one its going to take me bloody ages, even with bounties on.

This game is like the girl you've always fancied that never liked you, combined with a scrooge personality, your never going to get anywhere, but you just cant help yourself
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-09-2014, 08:36.

Comment

After finishing SP I've been hitting the Crucible again in last few evenings and having a blast in Control, where superpowers seem to serve a 'strategic' purpose and mesh quite well together (usually used in clearing out or holding control points), but I'm still disliking Clash, where superpowers just make a mess of the experience (getting spammed everywhere). Control on the vehicle maps (Shores of Time or Bastion) is just fantastic, in my view. I got 18.00 K/D in a match there last night against some hapless opposition, mostly through hover-tank cannon and roadkill. Me and other team members were sharing it, doing laps to mow them down (19000 vs 3000 final score!), but usually it's more balanced than this. To the many here still hating PVP I'd recommend just sticking with Control, always - within reason - trying to leg it for the heavy ammo (strange how few players bother with this), and always keeping an eye on the promixity sensor bottom left. I was getting reamed until I started watching this. It makes for some tense cat-and-mouse when you know your opponent also has a vague idea of your location too. Several legendary engram drops in PVP, typically, have yielded naught but trash and flotsam, so good luck to any loot hunters out there. Tonight is my last Destiny evening before committing it to the great trade-in gods as credit against The Evil Within / snif . Ah well, can't play it forever. Farewell and thanks Destiny, you criminally over-hyped, vacuous harbinger of gaming's doom by DLC, I have enjoyed your combat.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post

you did seem a bit upset by the drop after the queen mission, have you tried the The cave!!! only kidding, i may be doing it wrong but I've only ever got blues in the cave so I don't think its worth the hassle or bordem, I've found its quite stingy handing out arm and leg in genral though no matter what you do.

The games been trolling me though as two purple Engrams i picked up last night both turned into grinders cloaks??? ha ha Bungle very funny. i also got a cryptark rank up and three purple engram's last night too, my excitement was short lived though as all three turned to blue and green junk, so out of five purple engrams i got nowt.

was quite fun teaming up for a change and it helped me gain another level, (2 in two nights wooo), I didn't realise the queens missions where so easy and despite saying there very hard they are anything but on some levels, five minutes and a super easy boss on the cosmodrome was quite a surprise. I managed to do two last night with jimtendo and as long as you have a bounty your always get rewarded with a legendary item, shame it gave me the same helmet twice though.

We moved onto some bastion late on to try and get a queens bounty on the scout rifle and it became pretty obvious that it is not a weapon to use in pvp, it takes three shots to down an enemy with and I lost count of the amount of time i got two good head shots only to have the player turn around and kill me instantly with the Auto-Rifle, the scout rifle is worse on range power fire rate and recoil so I'm not sure who balanced it as its terrible in pvp. i certainly wont be using it agian here once the queens bounty is cleared
            Last edited by Lebowski; 25-09-2014, 08:43.

Comment

Half way in 26 after helium farming session, still in 300 odd more to upgrade all the current purple armour i have and finally got another purple weapon only for it to turn out to be anothe zombie apocalypse heavy machine gun... i have alot of coins and motes so hopefully this Friday xur will offer a auto.

Comment

awesome new bounty found via twitter

Comment

Apologies Kirov/ Lebdude for my incessant grievances about PvP. Had my 20 head shots for the Scout Rifle after about 5 or 6 games, and yeah I'm calling it quits for the Queens bounty PvP challenges.
                  Never again.

RE: Kirov
                  The sure fire way to guarantee a legendary weapon whether it's primary/ special or heavy is to rank up you Vanguard rank to 3 and then every level afterwards you're guaranteed another weapon or on the odd occasion, Ascendant material.

Or hope Xur doesn't have junk to sell this week.
                  Though I'm hedging my bets it's either going to be an exotic special weapon and boots for some class.

Comment

Got my exotic bounty yesterday, completely smashed it all in one night and achieved my Thorn at around half past midnight.

Major thanks to Rubiq and Loftgroover for the help going through the final stage of that bounty quest... The last stage of getting Thorn is a special level 26 variant of The Summoning Pits, with Epic mobs (so shields are ****ing serious business) and a second mini-boss to fight alongside the main boss. It was NOT easy in the slightest, but Lofty's solar machinegun saved the day and got me my bounty completion.

Everyone on several gaming forums is complaining about Thorn as a useless exotic but I massively beg to differ, especially when upgraded. The damage over time coupled with the piercing shot sounds awesome, and I can't wait to give it a bash. The handcannon enthusiast in me is already pleased with it!

Destiny 2 Guides, News, Reviews, and more! Fanbyte delivers fan-fueled entertainment daily with the latest video game impressions, lists, and the best gaming content.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                      the piercing shot sounds awesome
                      I love the sound that gun makes. As soon as I first heard someone else using it, I knew I had to have it. I received another exotic hand cannon (Hawkmoon) as a reward for levelling up with one of the vendors. Up to that point, I'd completely dismissed hand cannons, but thought I'd try using one seeing as it had gifted me an exotic. That was over a week ago, and I've not been using any other primary weapon type since. They're super effective in PvE, especially once upgraded.

All those people not impressed by getting duplicate legendary armour from the Queen's Wrath - you'll be glad you have all those ascendant shards once you start upgrading your legenary/exotic armour as normally the shards are pretty rare.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                        All those people not impressed by getting duplicate legendary armour from the Queen's Wrath - you'll be glad you have all those ascendant shards once you start upgrading your legenary/exotic armour as normally the shards are pretty rare.
                        Too damn right. That's my plan for tonight. I'm stockpiling Queens Wrath gear (and hoping to get legendary gloves with a fast reload on hand cannons) so I can dismantle the entire lot for shards and get some levels in.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                          Got my exotic bounty yesterday, completely smashed it all in one night and achieved my Thorn at around half past midnight.

Major thanks to Rubiq and Loftgroover for the help going through the final stage of that bounty quest... The last stage of getting Thorn is a special level 26 variant of The Summoning Pits, with Epic mobs (so shields are ****ing serious business) and a second mini-boss to fight alongside the main boss. It was NOT easy in the slightest, but Lofty's solar machinegun saved the day and got me my bounty completion.

Everyone on several gaming forums is complaining about Thorn as a useless exotic but I massively beg to differ, especially when upgraded. The damage over time coupled with the piercing shot sounds awesome, and I can't wait to give it a bash. The handcannon enthusiast in me is already pleased with it!

http://destinydb.com/guardians/plays...998-vallystyle
                          Gz mate. Would of given you a hand, but needed my sleep

Comment

It's all good buddy. I'm trying to smash in as many bounties as possible to get this levelled up and get the damage increased on it, but there shouldn't be any more messing around now. I'm raid capable and ready to go as soon as everyone else is around for it!

Comment

What level are you boys getting to for the Raid? Would be well up for joining in the future, but currently only a rather pathetic level 21.

Comment

Minimum of Level 26 really. You can join sooner than that, but you won't be able to take so much damage and more than likely won't be able to take out the Praetorians quickly enough at the starting phase.

We have a group of 26's ready to go, but getting everyone on at the same time seems to be a challenge...

Comment

Working...
                                X