No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played the game on nothing but heroic levels on the story missions, and when bounties require you to beat story mission specific bosses, you don't have much choice in the matter- for instance the boss on the cosmodrome - you spend more time watching the cutscene than doing the level.

When you are doing strikes/new missions- you still have to put up with Peter Dinklage whining at you through loading screens
    Last edited by MrKirov; 26-09-2014, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
      Meh. I feel like I've seen 90% of the content, and the other 10% is locked behind a 6 man raid with no matchmaking.

Let's be fair as well, all of the extra content is the exact same missions you've already done. They didn't even remove the dialogue or cutscenes- which really doesn't help.
      but don't you remember that one time we shot that big dude on the queens mission, and it gave you that drop you didn't want, that was fun wasn't it.

I suppose if your minds made up there's no changing it, but the way I see it is its an on-line shooter with a really cool horde mode/boss rush type stuff, a cool upgrade mechanic that's hampered by at present a pretty abusive system for upgrading and dropping items. and its gonna be a game that constanlty evolves and changes over time with new content added all the time.

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm level 27 with over 50-60 hours of gameplay- I'm not making a snap decision here. But the longer I'm spending with the game, the more the cracks are starting to show for me.

To keep you interested in a game like this you need a reasonable amount of gratification, but personally, I feel that's rarely there, and everything feels more of a grind than most MMO's.

I feel that the lack of traditional XP bar after 20 really hurts it. At least then if you do a strike and get nothing, at least you feel like you've gone towards levelling your character. In this, you feel like it's been a bit of a wasted time.

Crucible is a bit random too. For instance, I played last night, was first in the game with 25 kills an 5 deaths. I got absolutely nothing, yet someone who had 2 kills and 10 deaths all got items- one of which a legendary. Why is the game not rewarding your achievements? This happens so often that it does begin to grate a bit.

Comment

I've played the game on nothing but heroic levels on the story missions, and when bounties require you to beat story mission specific bosses, you don't have much choice in the matter- for instance the boss on the cosmodrome - you spend more time watching the cutscene than doing the level.

When you are doing strikes/new missions- you still have to put up with Peter Dinklage whining at you through loading screens
          As a non GoT watcher I find him pretty dull to be honest.

Comment

I watch GoT and his delivery in this is still dull and utterly phoned in, don't worry

Talk about overuse! But hey ho, I didn't buy it for the story, so it's not that much of an issue- it doesn't help with the repetitive feeling of it all though, Bungie would do well to give you a skip cutscene option that would help it a lot.

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm level 27 with over 50-60 hours of gameplay- I'm not making a snap decision here. But the longer I'm spending with the game, the more the cracks are starting to show for me.

To keep you interested in a game like this you need a reasonable amount of gratification, but personally, I feel that's rarely there, and everything feels more of a grind than most MMO's.

I feel that the lack of traditional XP bar after 20 really hurts it. At least then if you do a strike and get nothing, at least you feel like you've gone towards levelling your character. In this, you feel like it's been a bit of a wasted time.

Crucible is a bit random too. For instance, I played last night, was first in the game with 25 kills an 5 deaths. I got absolutely nothing, yet someone who had 2 kills and 10 deaths all got items- one of which a legendary. Why is the game not rewarding your achievements? This happens so often that it does begin to grate a bit.
              yeah that is pretty frustrating I've been top in crucible and got nothing yet someone at the bottom who did nothing all round gets two cool items.

But depending on what your doing you get vanguard rep and marks, or crucible ranks and marks, so you are progressing and levelling up, even if you get nothing from a vanguard mission or PVP match. The more you play the higher your crucible/vanguard marks and rank get and the more marks you get the more chance you have of trading them for legendary items in the tower, if your selecting the right bounties too you can be quite efficient in levelling. Also every time your level goes up in cryptark, vanguard or crucible you get a set of legendary engrams.

Comment

...which I got blue useless items for hahah!

I don't understand how people are levelling up their vanguard/crucible so quick though, I've played and played both and an on rank 1 for them both- that's with spending a good amount of time on it as well and doing bounties.

I think it requires more time into it- but I'm not enjoying it anymore so don't want to grind more into it when I've got a pile of great games to play and more coming. A shame- I was one of its devout defenders up until this point, but in starting to understand the lower reviews now.

Comment

This is more a problem of the game not always informing you of how you've been rewarded (something Bungie said they would address in the future in the notes accompanying this weeks patch). But you do get rewarded for doing Strikes:

- Earn Vanguard rep by taking Vanguard bounties with you. Every time you get +1000 Vanguard rep you'll be given a Legendary or Exotic item.
                  - You get XP, which gives you Mote of Light currency to buy stuff for Xur and the Speaker.
                  - You get Ascendant materials to upgrade your legendary gear if you do the Weekly Heroic Strikes.
                  - Killing normal enemies gives you Glimmer, essential for upgrades and Ammo Synthesis needed for the harder missions.
                  - Bosses drop things like House Banners that the Cryptarch gives you rewards for.
                  - Occasional engram drops - even if it's just an Uncommon or Rare item, you can dismantle them to get Weapons Parts and Glimmer that you'll need to upgrade other weapons. This also increases your Cryptarch rep, again, every +1000 he'll give you rewards (usually a bunch of Legendary engrams).

I agree with this. It feels like they are depending too much on things being random in this game. It's the same with Strikes - it's incredibly annoying to see someone drop into your game right at the very end, only for them to be rewarded with Legendary/Exotic gear. Seems very unfair.

Comment

shelve it for a few days and see i the itch is still there if not sell it, if your 60+ hours in you must of enjoyed somthing about it, that's the equivalent of spending a solid two and a half days doing nothing else but destiny out of the last 17!!!. I'm up to 31 hours so far and the itch is still there maybe when ive done as much as you i will feel the same.

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it- it's just that now it's too much of a grind with not enough reward for it to be fun anymore. A shame really.

Comment

X?r is back at the Tower. This week he's at the back of the downstairs lounge area. Items are:

- Titan Chest Armour (same as last week I think) [13 Strange Coins]
                        - Hunter Helmet [13 Strange Coins]
                        - Warlock Helmet [13 Strange Coins]
                        - Auto Rifle [23 Strange Coins!!!]
                        - Exotic Engram [23 Strange Coins]

Looks like they are really trying to slow people down as last week the Exotic weapon was 17 Strange Coins.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                          Completed an absolutely savage Queens mission last night with a mate (the gate lord strike)
                          There's a really easy way of doing that boss. At the other end of the map, directly opposite the gate where the boss emerges, you can climb up quite high, high enough to see and hit the boss using sniper and rocket launcher. Nothing will bother you from this distance, so you can do it at your leisure.

Comment

Dam im couple coins short on the auto.. and last weeks was titan head giving 2 titan ability perks.

Pvp more fun when there's a couple of you doing it together, ranked up to lvl 2 in no time.

Comment

Suros regime for 23 coins = bought!

Enjoy this sniper-AR while it lasts! Before nerfhammer!

Finally a decent primary after last weeks junk.

Comment

i wonder what i can get for my 6 strange coins hmmm, nothing eh

whats the best way to get strange coin then, All the ones i have are from random drops.

Comment

Working...
                                X