No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course it can, it just depends on the software. Ridge Racer 7 ran at 1080p at the PS3 launch.

Comment

Do people really enjoy maxing out a game before its even launched? apparently theres players already and at the level cap, hows that possible given that even mags and sites only received the game a few days ago?

Im guna take my sweet time with this.

Comment

I think you can speed-up levelling, fishbowlhead, by taking on more challenging higher-level missions before you are 'strictly' ready for them, and by doing standard missions on hard. I did the latter in first hour or so as I'd seen them already in beta and got about twice the normal XP (not that I'm keen to level up fast).

Anyway, game on PS3 is a case of 'as you were' with the beta, which is great if - like me - you enjoyed the beta. More areas available from the off in the hub, as EvilBoris said, and online side of things running really solidly. The beefed up hand-cannons are actually usable now - no longer pea-shooters.

The smartfone app is working nicely, by the way. It's pretty good fun getting those collect-a-card 'grimoire' unlock notices in-game then checking them later. Lots of details on lore/enemies etc. that doesn't get told to you in main game, as well as previews of planets to come (Saturn, Jupiter and 'asteroid belt').

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Do people really enjoy maxing out a game before its even launched? apparently theres players already and at the level cap, hows that possible given that even mags and sites only received the game a few days ago?

Im guna take my sweet time with this.
          lol - some people really need to get a life, a job or both!

Comment

Just to clarify, fellas... If I play on PS3, I cannot mix with PS4 players until I transfer my character to PS4? Pardon my dumbness.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              I think you can speed-up levelling, fishbowlhead, by taking on more challenging higher-level missions before you are 'strictly' ready for them, and by doing standard missions on hard. I did the latter in first hour or so as I'd seen them already in beta and got about twice the normal XP (not that I'm keen to level up fast).

Anyway, game on PS3 is a case of 'as you were' with the beta, which is great if - like me - you enjoyed the beta. More areas available from the off in the hub, as EvilBoris said, and online side of things running really solidly. The beefed up hand-cannons are actually usable now - no longer pea-shooters.

The smartfone app is working nicely, by the way. It's pretty good fun getting those collect-a-card 'grimoire' unlock notices in-game then checking them later. Lots of details on lore/enemies etc. that doesn't get told to you in main game, as well as previews of planets to come (Saturn, Jupiter and 'asteroid belt').
              Thought about doing them on hard then thought why bother im in no rush, just in it to enjoy the experience. I don't normally download the apps either, but think this one is actually useful, especially for people like me who enjoy all the lore.

@hudson. no last gen and nex gen cant mix on any of the consoles. Though i can see bungie being the first to get ps4 & xbone players together for the first time if the series gets big enough & once last gen is killed off.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-09-2014, 14:55.

Comment

The grinding missions (patrol or whatever) should be ideal of psvita. Anyone tried remote play yet? Looks like a well thought out control scheme.

Comment

What is the general consensus to the game so far? Gamefaqs and metacritic users seem generally underwhelmed. Need to decide whether or not my 80 quid copy of the LE is going back to amazon. How does it compare to diablo and borderlands loot wise? Ign has a gold chest location guide. Not a good start for the loot where like myself, I like the thought of random loot tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    What is the general consensus to the game so far? Gamefaqs and metacritic users seem generally underwhelmed. Need to decide whether or not my 80 quid copy of the LE is going back to amazon. How does it compare to diablo and borderlands loot wise? Ign has a gold chest location guide. Not a good start for the loot where like myself, I like the thought of random loot tyvm
                    Personally I don't think you can compare the polish in this with borderlands, always found those games buggy messes, enjoying this infiniteley more. However I can see the appeal of constant loot upgrades that those games provide.

Think of this as halo with mass coop and rpg elements rather than a borderlands copy.

Comment

Played quite a few hours today and yesterday and actually got quite into it.

I wasn't feeling the PVP stuff, but after a few games with some friends I really got into it. I'm not keen on the randomness of it though, you can turn a corner and someone can have a super charged power up and evaporate you or punch you to whatever.

Comment

So how is the loot system? Can awesome equipment be found on common enemies ala diablo or do you need groups to take down the biggest things for the best returns? Also heard that the game's worlds are only 4 in number and about the size of a Battlefield 4 map. Again, not something that sounds great to me.

A shame I never experienced the beta.

Comment

I'm not really sure what the loot system is, I think the rarer stuff comes from the engrams, which are random lucky bag style purchases and from random drops in "the cruicible" which is the PVP mode.

I think with time there are going to be some timed Raids and clan Raids and stuff, which I could imagine might contain rarer items. I haven't felt there is a major emphasis on items, beyond the stat boosts that they bring.

Comment

I think I just played my perfect game. This is amazing.

Comment

Went through the motions starting again for the 3rd time, ended up with a bounty to complete 5 pvp control matches which ended up over levelling me for the story missions (so I upped the difficulty which seemed to give bonus emblems), got to see 4 new arenas of which the mars map firestorm is a classic in the making.

Just the strike mission to go on earth before I move on to the moon.

Comment

I wanted to get a feel for the game before I jumped online into a team and just try and play the story missions. It seems the game doesn't want me too do this as it's not set up for just one player to go through the levels in a uniform order.

It's unbalanced on your own and a real slog, I'm a level four warlock and doing mission 5, most stuff can kill me with two hits so running in to An area is a no no. Everything and I mean everything Is a bullet sponge, even the lowest ranking enemy's take a fair whack of bullets!!. Shooting stuff for ten minutes while your ghost decodes a message or opens a satellite array is not fun on your own, I'm only five missions in and the old staple of choke point ton of enemies choke point ton of enemies is the only trick this game knows knows. I also keep running out of ammo too.

something else that isn't fun getting to the end of an encounter nearly to then be killed by a super knight thing in one hit is not what I thought I was signing up for. So if your planning on getting this for solo play don't because it's not meant to be played that way.

Another problem I found with solo play was I'm half way through a mission and bam server kick, I'm booted right back out of the game to the start menu, this happened twice this eve and both times I was nearing the end of a long slog of a firefight, I'm not with anyone why doesn't the game carry on while it fixes it's server hiccup.

Balance seems to be its biggest issue I happened upon a level 10s players firefight in my story level, I was absolutely destroyed by level 10 enemy's on level 3, so what happens if I'm really far behind my teammates in a fire team do they get stupidly easy enemy's or are mine stupidly hard?

Also playing on your own you can get to check points to find dead enemy's lying about while another player wanders off into the distance it was only a minor bit of the game bit it felt pretty stupid considering I was supposed to be the one discovering this stuff. Waking away I got a load of enemy's spawn In from behind and blast me as I was going off to the next objective marker

I don't know if it's playing the first three missions for the third time or the bullet sponge enemies or the slowness of collecting rewards do I have to go back to the city for every stupid piece of armour, I found my first night with destiny a bit boring a bit frustrating and a bit underwhelming, maybe when I find some people to play with I will have more fun.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 09-09-2014, 23:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X