No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That $500m figure has been officially debunked. It didn't cost anywhere near that to produce:

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
      Six is overly harsh IMO. It has its faults, but when the combat clicks on the higher levels, it's utterly sublime. Levelling up Light doesn't feel like the huge chore it initially sounds like either, and the weapons are now starting to feel significantly meatier too. When you get to 20+, everyone in the Strike teams (when playing with randoms) mostly knows what they're doing, which makes replaying the Strikes a lot of fun, and nothing like the initial grind they felt like on the lower levels.

I see the lightweight story as a massive plus, and I totally commend Bungie for going that rought. It's utterly refreshing to see that time isn't being wasted on some ridiculously banal story. "Stories" in games are almost universally pathetic, and I'd much rather devs concentrated on gameplay and variety.
      Oh, like Halo 2 then.

Comment

Nah, Halo 2 has loads more cut scenes and story than this.

Comment

I would have give it a six after 3/4 hours, but now I've invested more time I give it a 7. I can see me liking it more as it seems to be getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            I would have give it a six after 3/4 hours, but now I've invested more time I give it a 7. I can see me liking it more as it seems to be getting better and better.
            The addictiveness of levelling up clouds even the most rational of people's minds :P

Comment

Anyone else getting disconnected from this frequently today?

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                Nah, Halo 2 has loads more cut scenes and story than this.
                No I mean, I felt like that stuff was especially present in Halo 2.

Comment

Up to Venus now. It's an ok game. I enjoy the leveling up, but mission design seems very conservative and the story still has me cold.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                    Anyone else getting disconnected from this frequently today?
                    I've had frequent disconnect in PvP games in the evenings (any other time of day it's fine, so that may be my connection).

This evening though it couldn't contact the servers during single player and kicked me back to the main menu. Every time I go back in it show my Rank as 0 on the destination screen and multiplayer doesn't work (it's correct in any single player levels).

Probably a server outage or something

Comment

People are having quite a few network related weirdnesses as the game requires additional forwarded ports on top of what the console normally does

Destiny Port Range Direction
                      7500-17899 (TCP) Outbound
                      30000-40399 (TCP) Outbound
                      35000-35099 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound
                      3074 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound

Comment

I'm finding it fairly enjoyable. Christ knows how you all got to level 20 so quickly, I feel like I've put a fair bit of time in to it already and I'm only level 8! I'll tell you what though, it sounds brilliant through the 2.0 headset.

Comment

Well I've read that upto to level 20 is the tutorial, and it all goes superamazeballs after that.

Oh and i bought it on wednesday and there were people already at 20, and today it seems im the only one not at 20+

i thinking this game is an emperors clothes kind of thing.
                          Last edited by Guest; 13-09-2014, 21:15.

Comment

Cant see how any of those sites can review a game when all the content is not out. Cant play the raid(s) until tuesday onwards, and that is what all the gearing up is for in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                              Six is fair considering the budget.
                              Not wanting to be some angry internet troll guy but that statement is daft!
                              What has budget got to do with it?
                              If it cost 500million and they were charging you ?200 a copy then fair enough....but its the same ?40 every other game costs you. Unless you are an Activision shareholder the budget is meaningless!

Of course, your rating is your rating...but surely it should be based purely on fun??

Comment

hit 20 now, with just mars story and strikes to go for the starter stuff. From playing solo, in random group and with friends, I would say this really shines when you crank up the difficulty and have 2 mates with voice coms on, you can end up with aload of enemies on screen in the amounts I've not seen in a mainstream shooter in years, almost serious sam like and the chaos of the weapon fire and abilities going off for both sides is fantastic.

have to say im with Garny on this one, even sites I trust like giantbomb seem all over the place with there opinion, just listening to the podcast today they're quite content to call it day at lvl10 and 4/5 hrs (mostly solo) before the game gets going and yet praise the likes of Diablo for doing the same things and having an endgame. I think 7/10 it about the best I could give it until I see that the grind is with endgame raids, pvps and patrol areas I can't enter due to high level mobs, and there seems to be a lot to venus I've not come across in the strikes and story, which is a well made and pretty area with a lot variety in it compared to earth and moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X