No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh, might have to eat my own words and pick it up now.

Gotta be better than The Crew right?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      The rain on the windscreen is incredible in that video, wow.
      Totally, the whole video looks great to be fair.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Don't forget, you have played a massively patched version of the game. Perhaps those reviews should be updated but it was a very bad product on release.
      Spot on, I wouldn't expect any sites to revisit it and do another review though apart from probably Eurogamer at some point. Unless Sony try and get a few of them to of course. Whatever, this game will always be remembered more for the shambles it was on launch. And that they can't blame on anyone bar Evolution themselves.

Comment

Or Sony?

Comment

Sigh, might have to eat my own words and pick it up now.

Gotta be better than The Crew right?
          Hasn't Teddymeow got a copy for sale in the trading forum for ?16 right now?

Comment

Maybe! lol

Comment

He has!! Go buy it

Comment

When you play career mode and get to the first track that's in Scotland, it's played on a (weirdly!) very sunny day and it has the most stunning glare effects. Playing on my projector set up it made for the most realistic and immersive video gaming driving experience I've ever had. Need to get back to it but think I'll have to get GTA V out of the way first.

Comment

Yeah, the lighting and weather effects are out of this world. It's got such a sense of speed to it as well, with all of that together it's quite breathtaking.

Comment

any sign of the replays?

Comment

Don't forget, you have played a massively patched version of the game. Perhaps those reviews should be updated but it was a very bad product on release.
                      Exactly this. Glad you're enjoying it though Wools. It's just a shame they didn't release it in this state to begin with. The reviews, and subsequent sales would have been radically different.

Comment

The rain on the windscreen is incredible in that video, wow.
                        It looks good doesn’t it? That was a video of a Time Trial I played last night, I’m surprised how easily I made it onto the Leaderboards! I also love how easy it is to share videos and screenshots through the PS4.

It’s a shame Evolution did not polish the game off with weather, replays, photo mode and bug fixes as I think the reception would have been a lot different. All their fault I know, but they seem to have come good with the promise of the original game, unlike Ubisoft with Assassins Creed Unity and 343 with Master Chief Collection. Although I’ve not yet tried the online, that might still be screwed!

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                          All their fault I know
                          In fairness it's probably more to do with the money-men, I imagine, who'd prefer to release it unfinished - and crappy reviews be damned - to catch Christmas, rather than wait the mere two months it's taken to finish it off. I don't have it but from what I've seen/heard here today it's seems fantastic. Is now on my list.

Comment

Oh I know it's very rarely the developers fault, it's either the producers who want the game out, publishers, shareholders or or manner of other reasons. Just like when a bug creeps through, it's rarely QA but the same people i mentioned above, deciding that we either have 1 day to test a build or producers weighing up whether the bug is important enough to fix.

My heart goes out to Evo, they've made a good game in exceptional circumstances.

Comment

Interesting thoughts on whether or not it should be re-reviewed. I agree with nakamura that it at least deserves an update.

The criticisms levelled at it that it was released incomplete are completely just and right to be highlighted. This gen is riddled with day one patches and unless we make a fuss, that's never going to change. DriveClub seems to be the thick end of the wedge and we're now accepting of "mere" 1Gb patches, because in comparison to this, that's a drop in the ocean.

However, reading some of the glowing praise on here makes me sad that the people who worked on the game obviously had all these great ideas (such as the weather) but had to drop them for the launch. The farcical launch meant that most people didn't even get the game, and now it's more-or-less complete (solid online experience and weather), more people aren't giving this the chance it deserves.

I wonder how many people were put off trying EDF 2025 because of the unprofessional review on Eurogamer?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I wonder how many people were put off trying EDF 2025 because of the unprofessional review on Eurogamer?
                                Let it go, man, just...let it go...!!

Comment

Working...
                                X