Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you configure your car at all yet?

Comment

Awesome Colin, glad you grabbed it today. I've been on the fence with one of those 7.1 headsets for a while, so good to know it's a decent experience. If only the in game soundtrack was actually good.....I must have turned it off after about 5 bouts of "How fast do you wanna gooooooooooo". Find it incredible theres basically only one song in there, with a few remixes.

And MoFo, you have become some kind of absolute don at this. Some of your times are frankly mental!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Can you configure your car at all yet?
        Not that I'm aware of. Beyond paint jobs, and AT/MT that's about it.

Comment

They put all this effort into making a stunning looking game, then give it the presentation of a spectrum game....someone needs to go on a marketing course in that software team....

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
            Not that I'm aware of. Beyond paint jobs, and AT/MT that's about it.
            So how are you people enjoying this game? lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              So how are you people enjoying this game? lol
              it keeps things competitive. No point in doing a challenge if someone has a souped up car and you don't. Everyone has the same car (if you have unlocked it) to do the same challenges.

Comment

Which reads it takes the skill out.

Comment

Surely if everyone is on an equal footing car wise, it's all about the skill?

Comment

Perhaps. Mastering a car that has no traction control and ABS etc requires more skill. Manual gears gives an advantage anyway.
                    The point being is you can push harder with these sorts of options. It forces you to learn more. Like when Rage Racer had manual only cars.
                    Last edited by nakamura; 27-12-2014, 23:41.

Comment

Had a great evening playing this, and then in classic DC style, something happens and completely ruins it all. So, a word of advice to anyone enjoying DriveClub....Don't for the love of god touch the X-BOW BOLT challenge in the free Ignition DLC tour event mode.

Overly aggressive AI, fishtailing at the slightest touch, slipstreaming that renders any lead utterly pointless, and most crushingly of all, the most ridiculous rubber banding I've ever seen in a game. I gave the cars a 30 second head start and caught them by the end of the first lap.

I so want to adore this game, as at times it's utterly brilliant. But this particular race in the game has hit my weak spot for massive damage. Infuriating and laughable.

Comment

I can't think of anything worse in a driving game than having to endlessly piss about with tuning options, which is probably why I've enjoyed playing this so much today. No fluff, just driving. Probably why they called it driveclub and not fannyaboutwithoptionstryingtogivemyselfanadvantage club.

Found myself sat on the edge of my seat trying to win races, leaning in to corners like I did when I was a kid as if it would help! First driving game I've played in a long time where I've happily tried a race over and over again because I thought to myself "I could and should have done better than that". Looking forward to getting stuck in to it more tomorrow, it even kept me off GTA tonight!

Comment

To be fair, basic options such as the ones I mentioned isn't exactly tuning. They are great for when you do get good, it can freshen the experience further.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            I can't think of anything worse in a driving game than having to endlessly piss about with tuning options, which is probably why I've enjoyed playing this so much today. No fluff, just driving. Probably why they called it driveclub and not fannyaboutwithoptionstryingtogivemyselfanadvantage club.

Found myself sat on the edge of my seat trying to win races, leaning in to corners like I did when I was a kid as if it would help! First driving game I've played in a long time where I've happily tried a race over and over again because I thought to myself "I could and should have done better than that". Looking forward to getting stuck in to it more tomorrow, it even kept me off GTA tonight!

I find myself thinking just the same thing after an hour earlier. Was on the fence, but found a sealed copy for ?23 so took a chance- I'm finding it more of an arcade racer at the minute, chucking myself round corners and having great fun! Kind of reminds me of PGR2.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Getting over the disappointing graphics (apart from the amazing gfx on the weather) I have to say this is one of the most enjoyable racers I've played in years the course design , racing and the car's handling are spot on and the best maybe since Sega Rally on the Saturn .

Very glad I picked this up now after the update
                              I've been watching videos of this, and wasn't impressed with the graphics(it reminds me of an old Burnout game), but because you're saying the handling is really satisfying, and the gameplay is enjoyable, I'll be picking it up. The graphics, from what I've seen, aren't bad, but I have the feeling that the XB1 and PS4 can do a lot, lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                                I've been watching videos of this, and wasn't impressed with the graphics(it reminds me of an old Burnout game), but because you're saying the handling is really satisfying, and the gameplay is enjoyable, I'll be picking it up. The graphics, from what I've seen, aren't bad, but I have the feeling that the XB1 and PS4 can do a lot, lot more.
                                The handling is probably the closest we'll ever get to SEGA Rally on the next gen . This is a brilliant racer imo

Comment

Working...
                                X