No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practicing the Riposte mechanic versus Blood-stained Beast is probably the worst idea I've ever heard in the entire history of gaming.

For the first couple of kills (yes, first time and then NG) just treat it as a Matador affair whilst exploiting those pillars, all the time popping pills. Never try to get in front of him whilst he's enraged or you'll get bear-hugged.

You might want to learn it for the Chalice Dungeon encounter, as there were no pillars there IIRC. Even so, I just rolled and lolled through that as well.
    Last edited by dataDave; 08-06-2015, 09:48.

Comment

Just burn him.

Comment

Or - as I've just done - a combination of both......

But can definitely - if belatedly in my case- vouch for doing it without shooting him at all. I started with no bullets, three antidotes and two Molotov's, and got him by rolling, dodging and hacking in the main. Thanks Dave - although 'worst idea in entire history of gaming' feels a tad harsh on my lack of skills......

Comment

I still enjoy playing this even in NG+++. The levelling and customisation are pretty weak compared to the Souls series, but it's a compulsive and engaging experience. Very beautiful too. If Dark Souls 3 does what the Souls games do and looks as good as this, it'll be something to savour.

Comment

The Old Hunters is pretty darned good. Easy enough if you played the vanilla game to a high enough level too.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Would two people from here (preferably who have completed the game) possibly be interested in helping me finish this? I got quite close to the end but it's sort of fell by the way side. Would be nice to finish it but I'm not sure I have the time or patience to solo it anymore.

Comment

You can summon NPCs now. They're way better than the ones in Dark Souls too. Should be easy enough to do it that way.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, I've used them a few times, but they're not as much use as a real person later in the game I've found.

Comment

I can help though I've not got any amazing equipment like the random people I've summoned. Where are you up to?

Recently got back into it, completed the main story and started the chalice dungeons. Still unsure if I should finish the dungeons first then go for the dlc or just work at both together.

Comment

That's great. I'm up to Nightmare of Mensis, which is step 23 of 24 according to the Bloodborne wiki, although there may be a couple of optional areas to finish too. Best time for me would be Sat/Sun. I'm usually online all day both days. Do we have one more who can help?

Comment

Ah okay not too far from the end then. I work Saturday nights so can do the morning/afternoon and Sunday evening.

Comment

I can help I suppose.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I got the DLC and it's awesome. Some really cool weapons. Currently on the third boss.

Comment

The third boss is quite difficult. The pattern is easy enough, but it's almost certain death if you get caught by an attack chain. I've had it down to one hit four times in a row.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It doesn't get any easier after her. The fourth is nuts, I don't think I could do it alone and the fifth was just annoying but thank god for the bow sword.

Comment

Working...
                                X