No announcement yet.

Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played this again last night. Just gets better and better with each play. Turns out someone had beaten my Time Attack score by .050 of a second. I put in a run where I made 3 pretty crappy mistakes and managed to beat that time. This was in the Testarossa as well so I reckon if I get a perfect run and start using the F40 these times could drop spectacularly.

Speaking of the F40, I gave that car a run out last night. Man, that car is beastly. Requires so much more control at maintaining and controlling the drift than the Testarossa. Many corners I simply lost control completely and ended up on the grass on the outside of the bend. Started to get the hang of the machine towards the end but couldn't beat my Testarossa times. Will hopefully have it fully under control soon. The sheer raw power of the F40 is clear to see. Although it's poorer acceleration means that perfect mastery is required to get the best times, as any mistake will be punished with a painfully slow restart.

Anyway, what kind of scores are people getting.

My best time on TA is around 2' 46" I think whereas on Heart Attack I've managed 1067 Hearts. Both are with the Testarossa, MT finishing at Tulip Garden (i.e. the easiest route).

Comment

Need to find out my times and scores. Although my favourite car is the 288 GTO (looks sexier then any other Ferrari car) as it does powerslide in and out very easily and accelerates away quite well. ^_^

The thing I really like about the first stage is how much like Stage 1 in the original it was, including the left right left on the last part of the stage.

One thing I hate though is the lack of stone tunnels that were in the original. ;_;

Comment

Bruv you play in Play 2 Win near CEX often yeah? Lets challenge then!

Heart Attack Mode Easiest route to start with and we'll work up - lets PWN the board!!!

I put my name in as "AEON"

Comment

Sounds like a challenge. ^_^

I'm registered as BDH!

Comment

Aww man >_<

I just had a go on that machine - it's RUBBISH! There's virtually no sound, apart from when you select the music you cant hear any music at all during the game, the engine cannot be heard, the girl's voice is barely audible - the seat speaker arent even on!

I aint paying to play that again man - feel to play the cab in Troc? One side of that has good sound (left side) right side has no music

I only put up 555 hearts, easiest course, complete in play to win ft:

Comment

Popped into Play to Win today and I saw those BDH's on there thought I'd wack in a couple ADB's and managed 6th with 741. But there's a slight random element and its the cones that do me.

Comment

Well looks like i need to go to trafford centre. N play this

Comment

I was rinsing it at Troc last night - getting a bit better on Heart Attack, put up 723 on route D - messed up the "Catch The Heart" section in the Rome stage, it's so addictive! >_<

Comment

You using the F40 for Heart Attack mode? If so I reckon that may be letting you down score wise. The F40's pure speed is great for Time Attack mode (once you get to grips with its beastly handling) but the speed doesn't really offer any advantage in Heart Attack where control is of greatest importance. The only part of HA mode that the F40 may dominate is the 'Overtake the Cars' sections where its speed may allow you to overtake more, but as the majority of the challenges require drifting I prefer the Testarossa in general.

For Time Attack it's a completely different story. F40 all the way

Comment

Thats a damn good point man!

You're right - the F40 tears up the overtake sections but drifting then countering the other way is more tricky, lining up the "Break the cones" sections is hard aswell - I'll try the Testarossa today!

I tried the Enzo in Heart Attack last night and it got REALLY ugly! complete disaster!

Comment

This game is chuffing incredible!

I found a machine at the Marina in Brighton, and claimed the leaderboards on it for myself. Sound is nice and loud. Any news of an internet ranking mode?

I'll be giving it more of a rinse tommorrow.

Comment

There's a ranking Internet board for Time Attack scores. Get a TA time and it gives you a passcode that you can use to enter.

However, Heart Attack mode is where it's at and there's no Net ranking for that unfortunately.

Comment

So, I went completely out of my way to go play Outrun 2 at Brighton Marina's Bowlplex today only to be greeted with this:

(left and right sides of dual cabinet)

Hoo - bloody - rah I thought. Its a simple network cable error, hardly as entertaining as the best error ever, but still. I alerted the nearest member of staff (who happened to be the manager) of the fault. He was not pleased that he had to do something beyond the call of (handing out bowling shoes) duty and said that he'd "send someone along soon."

So I kept myself occupied on the Virtua Cop 3 machine for an hour (1st place score on that machine now 98,000,000 - second place is 150,000), then went and asked about the Outrun 2 cabinet again. He called me a "sad ****" and said, "I suggest you leave and never come back".

"Arcade" operators frequently need shooting in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by edandersen
                              He called me a "sad ****" and said, "I suggest you leave and never come back".
                              For real? He said that to you?

Well done Mr. UK Arcade operator. Call the people who want to play your games and give you money 'sad ****s' and ask them not to come back. At that rate the arcade industry over here will be healthy before you know it

Comment

Originally posted by edandersen
                                He called me a "sad ****" and said, "I suggest you leave and never come back".
                                What a twat.
                                I suggest you go back there frequently, and repeatedly ask about Outrun 2, all day long.

Comment

Working...
                                X