No announcement yet.

Outrun 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a big sesh on Outrun at ATEI made me work out the following. This should help you out

Stage 3
    Special Request 1 - Get above B on all requests in Stage 2.

Stage 4
    Special Request 1 - Get between B and A on all requests in stage 3.
    Special Request 2 - Likewise, getAA or above on all stage 3 requests

Stage 5
    Special Request 1 - Get all requests above A on Stage 4
    Special Request 2 - Get the total rank of stage 4 above AA, BUT ONLY when the criteria for Special Request 1 or Special Request 3 haven't been met. So, get B, AAA, AAA for a total rank of AA to get make this request take priority over Special Request 1. Stupid!
    Special Request 3 - Ah, lovely. Get AA or above total rank on all stages 1 through 4, and I think you need to have a clean run too, i.e. don't crash all through stages 1 to 4. Anyone want to check this last one out? Didn't have enough time to investigate

I'm getting in the 1600s atm. Still room to squeeze in some more!

Comment

I think you could be right about the Special Request criteria. Its got to be something like that.

I was playing OutRun 2 at ATEI today too

btw re: SR3, I've crashed on Stage 4 and still managed it, so its all down to the rankings.

Comment

Bargain. I think you get Special Request 3 if you get all AA or don't crash at all. Thats the outcome of my coherant thought (jotted down on a notepad). I had a machine all to myself in the middle of the kiddie rides!

Comment

Originally posted by edandersen
          I had a machine all to myself in the middle of the kiddie rides!
          Grrr, wish I'd found that one, I didn't manage more than a few goes on the Sega stand.

Hmm, if you can get poorer rankings but not crash then... that would mean you still have a reasonable number of hearts. Maybe its down to hearts and not rankings afterall?

Its hard to suss out because hearts and rankings are so closely related.

Looks like I'm going to have to get back to the arcades and pull out that theoretical 1750 on the easy stages :P

Comment

I think it's the heart score that determines which Special Request you receive more than anything.

I've only ever had Special Request 3 on two occasions yet every run I have, unless I majorly screw up a section which is rare, I score either AAA or AA per stage.

Comment

Turns out I was near as bloody dammit!

I wasted three hours on that machine with my notepad and a sympathetic power supply vendor (no joke!) who happened to like the game to let me hog one side of his cab, and it was on the AM2 site all this time! Good Lord.

Comment

heh heh, nice find.

I wouldn't say those three hours were wasted.

Comment

Nice one man!

Comment

I aim to please.

Comment

According to CVG:

"Sega's Makoto Osaki confirms next fighter on the way; plus the latest on Outrun 2

Speaking about the possibilities of bringing Outrun 2 to Xbox, he explained it would be relatively easy to port the title to Microsoft's console. However, Sega is reluctant to produce a home version of the title, partly because of the rental market - due to the brevity of Outrun 2, Sega fears that the majority of players would rent rather than buy the game.

However, Osaki didn't rule out a future version of the game, though he said a port would be most likely to appear on Xbox rather than any other console."

So there we have it, i'd definitely buy it, its a freaking classic, can't afford the arcade version but on XBox it'd be the closest i'd ever get!

C'mon sum1 do a petition to get this and other arcade games like Virtua Cop 3 ported over to the XBox, MS needs more killer arcade ports, HOTD3 just isn't enough!

Comment

Looks like it is time to do what the film industry does; produce special rental discs.

A big fat "NOT FOR RENTAL" screen before the game starts would work a treat!

But seriously; Live play, online scoreboards, a couple more areas (maybe an Original mode with an extra set of Goals on the end, extending the game) and they are onto a winner. Release it for a budget price if they are that bothered.

Comment

Found a couple of machines in Megabowl in Valley Park on the Purley Way near Croydon today. Had a go and it was great! I'm a bit crap though. Can someone talk me through the drifting mechanism and how to come out of a drift? Do you have to hit the brake in a turn and then pump the accelerator? Please help, I'm really ****!

Comment

Steer into the corner and pump brake to accel to initiate the drift then smoothly counter-steer the other direction. The best way to get out of a drift smoothly I find is to steer smoothly and focus on the road and not the car if you get me? ( I mean ignore the car if on the outside view and judge it on the movement of the road, as if you are playing old Outrun cos the drift mechanics allow the car to center unnaturally - which is RUFF cos you can get it to swing into another corner wickedly!)

Comment

My local arcade just got Outrun2 and I'm loving it, my lunchtimes are great now
                              I was struggling with the second set of blue cones until earlier on today when I initiated a sickening drift and took out every cone, it felt so good! Just got to work on special request 3 now and I hope to be hitting some high scores any time soon.
                              Oh and timetrial is good too because it saves your ghost yay!

Comment

Took the day off to go to London to play Outrun 2 again today. Awesome.

You'll find some rubbish times under the name RZU. Although one was ever so slightly eerie... the first time I finished it today I got a time of 5:00.000 exactly, (which of course was what I was going for ).

They can't be doing a Scud Race with this one. I expect to be playing OR2 on my Xbox this Xmas. Otherwise, there will be trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X