Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter VI

Creating a thread here to move SF6 talk to a first play thread.

I have to say I thought I would hate World Tour Mode but playing a little this morning I am actually really enjoying it.

Make sure you all check out the Challenge menu where they have Daily, Weekly and monthly challenges to earn Drive Tickets that you can then buy in game cosmetics.

Probably not wise to cheese the placement matches, I didn't rematch anyone that beat me, so I ended up in Diamond. Was very excited to play my first Platinum player though. Now watch me get beat all the way down to Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
      Probably not wise to cheese the placement matches, I didn't rematch anyone that beat me, so I ended up in Diamond. Was very excited to play my first Platinum player though. Now watch me get beat all the way down to Gold.
      Where are these? I went to the events desk in the fight hub, but there were no events running.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Where are these? I went to the events desk in the fight hub, but there were no events running.
        Just play ranked in battle hub, the first 10 matches will be placement matches.

To do this press square in the battle hub, and turn ranked matches on, it’ll
        Matchmaker while you’re dicking about.

I stupidly went straight into ranked without training with the new version of Cammy and ended up in bronze 1, after playing many people who had clearly been training a lot in the demo..!

Luckily, the points system in this isn’t as punishing as in 5, so made my way from Bronze 1 to Gold 4 after playing for half a day. Getting streaks really pushes your points up so you’ll still end up where you should be, even if what happens to me happens to you
        Last edited by MrKirov; 03-06-2023, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
          I stupidly went straight into ranked without training with the new version of Cammy and ended up in bronze 1, after playing many people who had clearly been training a lot in the demo..!
          Yeah, the demo/betas have things like the combo trials?

I just got pasted by a Kimberley and Manon player. In both cases, they were hit-confirming combos which went on for ~8-9 attacks with almost perfect consistency. No way I'm competing with that

Might just rip the plaster off and do the ranked placement. I'll probably come out low, but then I haven't played SF for years. I've already won enough random games to remind me I haven't completely lost it. All the ones I've lost have been to people who seem to have very good knowledge of the specifics of SF6 (already).

Comment

1047160990 is my user code.

Currently on PS4 as that's what's in the cab but will get onto the PS5 version at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              All the ones I've lost have been to people who seem to have very good knowledge of the specifics of SF6 (already).
              Ranked is a good place to start as you will play people of your skill and lets you learn. Some folks have been following this game for a year so are already clued up on the mechanics and probably spend ages labbing stuff. I played my first Diamond player and in the second match he double perfected me.

Comment

I have been playing this on PC really enjoying the game quite a bit, took a bit of practice for the drive mechanic but it started to click with me.....going to change pads though as tbh I cannot stand the Ps5 dpad for fighting games, only slight issue i have had with the game just the hair graphics look very weird especially facial hair

Comment

Not sure how practical this is but sure it's fun.

Comment

How has no one set up a club yet? Shall I get it sorted?

Edit: Made one. Just search Bordersdown.
                    Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 04-06-2023, 15:37.

Comment

Will be on shorty and join

Comment

Had a good one today, which shows the variety of players.

It was a Ken player who both had great hit-confirming skills and also, knew many of Ken's combos really well, dropping into ones that used the Drive Rush Cancel to connect into his super. Obviously someone who had practiced until those things were down to muscle memory...

... but he was a terrible player. My 2-day-old skills with Juri only show rudimentary knowledge of her mixups and combos, but I pushed him around the screen. He knew so many weird technical setups and combos but his fundamentals were terrible. The sort of player you can walk up to while grounded, and back-dash as they got up, and they would always fall for it, going into to something expensive on the rise.

Credit to them; even after losing 3 in a row they were still hitting REMATCH instantly each time, but I wanted to try and play against other characters so I moved on.

Comment

Anyone playing pc, hoes the denvuo affecting it? There seems a lot of conflicting information doing rounds and it's popping up in the steam reviews too, that some systems are being crippled by it. I'll be playing PC this time round, after being console for four and skipping 5 but things are tight and I don't want to get burnt by a system that wasn't active in the beta and demo.

Comment

Don't forget to check out the Rewards section to earn Drive Tickets, can all do be seen on the rather natty new CFN replacement website.

Comment

Have come across some good videos over the weekend that contain some pretty useful information.

Information about Parries, it is a Ken centric video but the info is universal. Perfect parry will be a very important part of levelling up in this game.

MC Mura created some amazing SFV videos and his Ken character guide helped me go from Bronze to Gold and he is back for SF6 with some general tips.

Daigo seem pretty taken with Ken

Me I am pretty taken with JP, I have had a blast playing with him, watch him get nerfed to hell next season. But right now he has so many tricks. I am going to have to put in some lab time to get the hang of his more complex combos.

Comment

Working...
                              X