No announcement yet.

Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compared to regular Evo, Evo Japan lined up nicely for us UK folks - I had the finals on in the background this morning and caught that Akuma trailer as it happened. Very nice. New costumes, new character, and balance patch all in one - whooosh!

Comment

257 hours 5912 matches
      A win rate of 42.76%

A cheeky lunchtime session and Master Rank unlocked.

Comment

Congrats dude. Now the real SF6 begins

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Congrats dude. Now the real SF6 begins
          It sure does, I can go tank my MR as it resets on the 1st.

Comment

Was playing in a custom room with a 1700+ MR (prior to the reset) Manon last night, OMG! The skill gap was immense, I took the odd round but it was almost like the guy was reading my mind. He took apart everyone in our group in a winner stays on session and didn't lose a single FT2.

Having spoken to him he said after 17, 000 (yes seventeen thousand) Ranked matches you pretty much seen everything and are able to read and understand most situations.

This is my new life goal 😂😂😂

Comment

Haha, screw that. I got a full-time job and 3 kids and a dog and other games to play!

Comment

Comment

my OD up legs kick better be an answer do Air fireball / diver kick

Comment

He just looks so beastly, had a lot of tricks. Get ready for the Akuma army. Definitely going to have to send time labbing him.

Comment

It's true this will be a welcome update.

Comment

Last edited by wargame; 15-05-2024, 06:37. Reason: Added additional video

Comment

Thought I would give a little update on my thought on Master Rank.

It's brutal from a Ranking points of view. You can lose the first match to someone 100 points below you and win the next two but make back less points then you lost.

The matches themselves are actually pretty fun, you get to fight people who have a good working knowledge of their character, I am blatantly a sub 1400 MR player. Put me up against a 1500+ and I pretty much fall apart. But that doesn't matter, the fights are intense and go down to the wire.

I am surprised by the shear number of one and done, I think that really harkens back to my first point, losing more points then you win. I ran into a fellow Ken player yesterday who instantly DR from the beginning of the round took me into the corner a couple of DIs and took the round. Second round I avoided his DR and bodied him the next two rounds and he had no interest in playing me again.

I am now really having to think about what I do, my fireball placement is still pretty weak, I tend to do it too close to an opponent and either get jumped in on or eat a DI. This is really now where I have to start thinking, what is my opponent thinking, what is it that they are looking for or are hoping I do.

And after 750+ hours and 3 decades I decided it's time to try and clean up my inputs and not mash supers and reversals so been spending a huge amount of time in training trying to make the Super motion a muscle memory.

Also I find this video which I think we be a tremendous help.

Comment

Yeah it's tough. I have sank into the depths of the MR points sea . It feels to me like Gold rank I was stuck in, in SFV.
                            This will also be due to you and me getting to Master almost at the start of a new MR reset where all the sweaty try-hards are absolutely going ham on ranked to get to the upper echelons. It tends to die down, but yeah going in now is like going into a room with 50 people off their boobies on speedcoke and you entering the room stone cold sober like...

Facing the Akuma army can be a double edged sword though. Get some wins with people bare backing straight into ranked.

Comment

Working...
                            X