No announcement yet.

F-Zero AX Monster ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats why Time Trial (in any game) in the arcade is both a blessing and flawed.

Granted, your ghost and time is visible for all to see, but you have no restart option. If you slip up, sometimes there is no point to finishing the race. At least in Outrun2, you can quit midway (but still lose your credit). In F-zero, a slipup means you have to cock about for two minutes several seconds behind. And still get no pilot points. A Best Lap ghost system would be far better, offering multiple attempts during one play.

Comment

Ed... how you get the staff ghosts up again to race???

cheers

Comment

"To race it, hold down brake in Time Trial when "Champion Ghost" is selected (use the right paddle to select the ghost). "

Mark, you even QUOTED ed saying this in an earlier post :P

Comment

Imagine trying to snake whilst keeping your breakfast down at the same time.

I bet the snake 'BUG' has been cured on this UPDATE of a broken game, innit AV? ft:

I'd still hit it though, as long as it's still a quid a do and not a fiver or summat daft.

Comment

Yup - you cant snake on AX or Cycraft AX

You can turn GX handling off on the Gamecube version - I've done so and it's given the game new life! Maybe they should have included GX handling as an "Easy mode" for selection which didnt count for time trials, and used the AX handling for normal play on the Cube version as I feel that using the brake Ridge Racer style is more skilfull.

Serious David man - you dont use the airbrake anywhere near as much in AX, in fact you can do a course like AX Green Plant purely on footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              Serious David man - you dont use the airbrake anywhere near as much in AX, in fact you can do a course like AX Green Plant purely on brake work.
              That sounds WELL weird! I have to try this out!

Too bad you can't play the GX courses on an AX cab - if I had my way EVERYONE should be forced to use AX.

Comment

Yeah thats pretty much what i do, its all in the brake, i tend to leave the paddles alone.

Where's the "GX Handling" option in the menu?

Comment

I have an "AX mode" option under controls, but only when my wheel plugs in. It tweaks the handling, makes snaking impossible and makes L/R double tap to attack and hold and swerve to spin.

Turn off GX handling though? eh?

Comment

You get the AX option in the "Customise" section of the controller options in GX. I use my Logictech wheel set to AX style drift, it works well - wouldnt mind getting hold of the pedals tho!

I really love the AX handling, from what people were saying b4 I thought it would be rubbish, but it isnt - it feels just right.

Comment

I wonder if you can drift turbo in GX with a logitech wheel set to AX?

I'd try, only if I could T-Drift in the actual AX machine We could beat the snakers at their own game this way!

Comment

I was in Trocadero today. I spoke to some guy I don't know but seems to know Saur. He tells me some tweeking of the FZero machine on his part means the gamecube memory card slot is now in operation.

Japanese saved data doesn't work. But he tells me it can be converted to UK data somehow? He tells me Saur said it can be done apparantly.

Anyone else shed some light on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Arekusu
                          Japanese saved data doesn't work. But he tells me it can be converted to UK data somehow? He tells me Saur said it can be done apparantly.

Anyone else shed some light on this?

Comment

I was in Troc yesterday, and the card slot is already shagged. Utterly ruined.

It thinks there is a card with invalid data in there even when there isn't a card. Prompts you to remove your card on each play. Must be something stuck in the slot.

In other news, I've slaughtered your Green Plant time, Alex (by about 5 seconds), and beaten the Mute City staff ghost. I've got to grips with the T-Drift, finally, and am now pumping out 8 second Mute City laps

I think I hold the top time for all the courses on that machine now (only Mute City uses T-Drift).

Comment

Yeah I'm the guy who turned on the Memory card slot, (The staff aint got a ****ing clue) , Can't believe it's ****ed already ft: , machine may just need a reset, I'm down there today, see what I can do

(Game related question: Which AX car handles closest to Hyper speeder?, dosn't feel the same with Fat shark! )

Comment

Just don't wipe the battery backup. Do that and you're a dead man

If the memory card slot doesnt work now, open it up and have a ganders! Oh, and turn the Internet Ranking password on (TEST MENU -> GAME ASSIGNMENTS -> PASSWORD DISP) too. Who would turn that off (its on by default)? Lamers.

Comment

Working...
                                X