No announcement yet.

Virtua Racing -Flat Out-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not played it a ridiculous amount, i played through the first GP and found it fairly easy up until the last race where i found it slightly tough to see certain corners till i changed my view.

I love the gfx though, i wish there were more games using this style. Something akin to the Last Starfighter would rock, and you know it!

Comment

I really am not enjoying this version of VR. It is probably the closest arcade perfect version for a home console but it just doesnt feel right. The handling is far too sluggish and it doesn't 'drive' like the arcade version (although I may be wearing rose tinted glasses where the original is concerned). Plus I wish they had got rid of the pop up. It might have been in the arcade game but it is not necessary in this one.

Biggest disappointment of the year so far for me.

Comment

Sega should of made it just like people remember it. Hi-Res, slick and ultra-fast with sublime control. A direct conversion was never going to stand-up today and adding effects is a recipe for disaster.

What a shame, maybe Sega can do a modern update.

Comment

Right....after a week ish of play, this is crap. This is the most dissapointment i have felt for ages...the 32x version is superior to this. I can't believe that sega have made this game so bad...infact the md version plays better. How can I say this i here you gasp

Yes it looks great, and i dont mind the pop up as the arcade had this but it looks wrong, not as many polys for the car, the car rotates too much, the sparks are low res and slow it all down, the views are slightly wrong and....and like i said it is totally unplayable in the in car view.

Absolute tosh I say.

I wanted but got ft:

Comment

afraid i have to agree.
            for the first few days i really liked it, but i cant be bothered now.
            its just not fun.
            i still think it looks pretty nice, but if they bothered to fix the pop-up it would have looked brilliant.

Comment

I've not even got the game yet, but you're all telling me THE game I was most anticipating this year isn't what I was hoping for.

What a ****ter

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                What a ****ter
                You might find some enjoyment in it, but I doubt it will be as good as you hoped. I was really looking forward to the game too and perhaps that is why it is so disappointing.

The 32X version still seems to be the definitive home version.

Comment

Tbh I don't know what you guys expected, its the best home conversion ever. Yes its a shame they didn't improve on the pop-up featured in the original game but as a package its reasonable for the price.

6 types of car, 3 new tracks and a 2 player mode? The control is similar to Daytona 2001 on DC in the way that its very sensitive with a controller but attach a wheel and your away.

Judging by other Sega ages releases I'd say this is one of the best so far.

Comment

ft: Its the PS2 is partly to blame imo. The company doing these updates is obviously lacking in development skill and its just a shame that out of the 3 machines available they have been told to develop for for the PS2, a machine that is difficult for even top-end studios.

The game suffers from all the faults of low-end PS2 efforts. Also it lacks respect for the original arcade version. The introduction of so called enhanced effects has resulted in bringing the experience further down.

Sega you have blown it with these updates. Please sack all the guys involved in commisioning development, they are a bunch of tossers.

ft:

Comment

Damn i am so wishing i hadnt sold my 32x So my md verison is the one. I found an old cab about a year ago and this version is such a pale imitation. The music, the car's "swing", the...everything...sod the popup that is arcade perfect. As it stands it is daytona all over again.

Saturn daytona owns the dc version

VR= 32x > MD > PS2 > Saturn but this is about as wrong as the saturn version is.

Comment

You guys would never be satisfied, I hope you realise that.

Comment

Saturn daytona over the dc version what planet are you on, the dreamcast was far superior to the saturn and arcade versions on every level especially if you had the wheel.

Comment

I was gonna say the same about DC Daytona

I played arcade Daytona to death and back and all the same techniques I learnt in the arcade version worked perfectly on the DC version and I really loved it - the new courses and cars too are superb.

Comment

gets petrol ready...

Comment

The day Sega properly ports one of its arcade racers the world will fall into darkness.

Dear Sega, Where the f*@k is my Scud Race and Emergency Call Ambulance conversions? If Sega do any more ports/remakes of Monaco friggin GP im joing MD with some more petrol.

Comment

Working...
                                X