The bad boxart gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superkully
    The PAL Mastersystem art put me off consoles until the Dreamcast.

Which monkey decided to make them as interesting as school graph paper?
    Perhaps the same monkey who decided the Master System should have waht is probably the worst sound chip ever conceived?

Comment

ahh, genius

this however:

why is the guy smiling?...he's about to get knifed!

Comment

If two grubby thugs approached me, one with lavender coloured pants, and the other sporting a bright yellow t-shirt and green jeans, I'd laugh too.

The vigilante obviously saw fit to piss himself in that picture - that's how funny it is being attacked by fruity villains.

They'll probably dazzle him to death before they geta chance to knife him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser

i thought that one was quite good

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
            as for the pacman type of game, I have no idea how that played.

Comment

We have a winner!

Comment

Indeed DX2 is ugly. After the first one was pretty nice as well.... Wish it was this pic

Comment

Why is there a re-occuring theme in american boxart of the main protagonist pointing a gun directly at the consumer? Timesplitters 2, Halo spring to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                    Why is there a re-occuring theme in american boxart of the main protagonist pointing a gun directly at the consumer? Timesplitters 2, Halo spring to mind.
                    Just lazy design if you ask me, they rarely look anything special do they. Although I'm sure the Chief was actually planning to deflect the bullets off of the camera and hit that banshee behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by "Burai"
                      [img
                      http://www.steverd.com/what26/x-manbx.jpg[/img]
                      Umm, actually this one works for me.

Comment

Comment

Capcom actually managed to get both "Street Fighter" and "Final Fight" into one title...

Comment

Is that the 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' that I keep hearing so much about whilst watching Leno?

Comment

What on earth happened to the sublime acrylic/oil painting???

Castlevania SOTN

US

UK

And i love the jap only Saturn coversion cover

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
                                What on earth happened to the sublime acrylic/oil painting???

Castlevania: SOTN
                                true, so true, which is why I imported it originally way back in the day, those oil paintings something to see, and are worthy of hanging on your living room wall, I certainly would.

Is it my imagination, or do they appear to be painted on cast metal panels?

I once used the Japanese SOTN cover art for an A-Level Art project, as a small pic showing the influence that built up to a large project of mine.
                                The art teacher was suitably impressed by it, but I never had the heart to reveal that it was the cover to a videogame.

Anyway, this topic can make for some depressing reading, so I think we should inject some examples of good artwork, indeed some good western artwork. Best to add it in here, since on its own, a new topic is unlikely to reach the second page.

I quite liked:
                                Return Fire (3do) (not the bonus missions disc, that art sucked)

Star Control 2 (3do) - hand drawn, and very nice, very apt for the game actually.

Cant find any pics, but has anyone else got examples of good western art? Or maybe just pop a few good Japanese examples in here alongside the bad ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X