No announcement yet.

The bad boxart gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FZero GX : Captain Falcon gets his tits out for the lads.

Comment

Oh dear, someone's beaten us to it:

Though many of their covers aren't very good and the commentary is poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
        Originally posted by srgbilco
        Now to be fair, that would get at least a B. I think you're overestimating the ability of GCSE Art students.
        Hardly. I used to be one myself many years ago, and would've been thoroughly ashamed if that Shenmue II boxart was my creation.
        Ahh, standards must be slipping.

Comment

I have to post this

Apparently the big ugly 10/10 gray box is actually printed on and is not a sticker. The text "LIMITED EDITION" is squint and is printed over the picture in the worst possible place also.

That diagonal split makes this look like some sort of budget release
          The sharp contrast between the gold and red is just hideous.

Comment

he he , just noticed the line ' an evil wind is blowing ' on the back of the box , so there is a level where you are sat on the sofa watching the telly after a huge curry letting some nasty farts out ?

Comment

Yep, that Official Nintendo Magazine 10/10 (why did they even put it on? what other score would a big name nintendo game get from ONM?) box is actually printed onto the paper cover. It's bad enough to have that **** as stickers which leave gunk when peeled off..

Comment

And why has "an evil wind is rising" been changed to "an evil wind is blowing"?
                What else does wind do?

Comment

the US version has none of that nonsense on it.

serves PAL gamers right.

I'll get my coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
                    And why has "an evil wind is rising" been changed to "an evil wind is blowing"?
                    What else does wind do?
                    "An evil wind is rising" always reminded me of farting. I think blowing sounds better.

Comment

Does it really matter!! Surely it's how the game plays that counts, not the artwork on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanho
                        Does it really matter!! Surely it's how the game plays that counts, not the artwork on the box.
                        Ordinarily, yes.

But this is the thread that points out nasty box artwork. This could be a great idea. Spiral out. "Bad Artists, executed live on stage".

Just after the Lottery.

@))-------------
                        The Corrupt Rose

Comment

It doesn't matter too much, it's just we have nothing better to do
                          That and good box art makes the whole package complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                            Originally posted by srgbilco
                            Now to be fair, that would get at least a B. I think you're overestimating the ability of GCSE Art students.
                            Hardly. I used to be one myself many years ago, and would've been thoroughly ashamed if that Shenmue II boxart was my creation.
                            I think you must've been somking some real good crack rocks in the meantime mate.

Sure the Shenmue 2 cover isn't a nice cover at all. But at GCSE standard, I can't imagine a piece as well rendered as that scoring less than an A.

The cover isn't the worst we've seen by far. It does kind of hark back to old BBC adventure game boxes, and the composition is pretty lame. But in fairness, apart from the BLING BLING sparkle added to all the characters, its not THAT different to the DC one.

Comment

Originally posted by stiff_one
                              I think you must've been somking some real good crack rocks in the meantime mate.

Sure the Shenmue 2 cover isn't a nice cover at all. But at GCSE standard, I can't imagine a piece as well rendered as that scoring less than an A.

The cover isn't the worst we've seen by far. It does kind of hark back to old BBC adventure game boxes, and the composition is pretty lame. But in fairness, apart from the BLING BLING sparkle added to all the characters, its not THAT different to the DC one.
                              And you say ::I:: must've been smoking crack?!?

Comment

I don't see much of a problem with the Xbox Shenmue 2 box art - IMO it's better than the DC version. Although that stupid black border round the PAL art was a bad idea...

Comment

Working...
                                X