No announcement yet.

Xbox's 2003 line-up... a bit crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to say, but yeah! I'm probably doing work experiance in October or December at Lionhead and these slippages mean that I am probably going to get to beta test BC and Fable and possibly even Unity. I don't actually own an X-box, so it's probably gonna be the only chance I get to play em.

Comment

I sometimes wonder if im the only person to think that the ability to use your own soundtrack on Xbox games is such an overrated/overstated feature?.

Id rather the dev company put their own atmosphere/design sonically into a game, if I want to listen to my music I will put my CD player on in the background.

And yes unfortunately the Xbox 2003 lineup is nothing short of substandard, too much emphasis on PC conversions still.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
        I sometimes wonder if im the only person to think that the ability to use your own soundtrack on Xbox games is such an overrated/overstated feature?.

Id rather the dev company put their own atmosphere/design sonically into a game, if I want to listen to my music I will put my CD player on in the background.
        It's a nice feature imo. All of my XBox games that use it have good soundtracks anyway, but there comes a time in any game's life when the soundtrack can get a bit repetitive.

The nice thing about burning music to the hard drive is that you can burn hundreds of tunes on and then constantly be surprised when the XBox plays them in random order. I was playing Amped once when suddenly Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet came rushing out of the speakers whilst I was doing a 720 in mid air. It was a profound experience .

Plus if I put my XBox through my 5.1 system, I have no way to play a CD as well. I could bring in my little portable CD system from the kitchen, but it would sound ****e next to the sound coming out of my Kef speakers .

Comment

Plus if I put my XBox through my 5.1 system, I have no way to play a CD as well. I could bring in my little portable CD system from the kitchen, but it would sound ****e next to the sound coming out of my Kef speakers
          Haha, I solved that one with my GC I use my normal stereo amp to amplify my (B&W-)fronts, so I can cut the front signal and use the fronts for Stereo music and use just the surround effects speakers for game sounds - works brilliantly. Nothing quite like playing PSO ep1&2 whilst listening to Squarepusher...

sorry bit off topic..

Comment

Yeah the Xbox has lost its killer edge.

Nintendo seam to have stolen it.

Comment

Yes it is.

Metroid Prime is a case in point. The data is on the disc yet you need a GBA + game to unlock it. Nintendo call it an 'incentive', I call it taking the piss.
              True, but at the same time Xbox Live downloadable content is a gimmick also. I can only think of Splinter Cell and DOA3 where the additional content wasn't announced and ready BEFORE the software was even on shop shelves.

Xbox, eh? What a mess and if the razors/blades scenario wasn't working up until now, I can't see much in the near future to help the situation.

And that's a damn shame because it's clearly the easiest to make decent looking games for, yet all it plays host to this year are nasty PS2 ports.

When the killer app for the most powerful console in the world is the ability to play 10 year old arcade games, you know something is seriously wrong somewhere down the line. Maybe if Microsoft hadn't spent all their money on making the machine cheap and more on securing decent exclusive content, perhaps this situation would never have arisen.

Comment

Originally posted by macosx!
                Aren't Moto GP 2 Live and Amped 2 out in 2003?
                MotoGP 2's out next Friday in fact! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Beelzebot
                  Eeeeeeeeee

Comment

Looking forward to Moto GP 2 and RTCW for Xbox Live, as well as F-Zero for Cube.

And me to I think these to games will keep me busy at least till F zero comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                      Originally posted by Beelzebot
                      Eeeeeeeeee
                      Folks I think you will find that Moti GP2 and RTCW are both out on the 16th not the 9th.For some reason both have put back a week,so says my Gameplay order update email.

Comment

I don't own an Xbox yet and currently I have little incentive to get one. They always suck at E3, I think once again Nintendo will steal the show.

Why don't they have the monkey boy come out!

Comment

Fable has not been delayed and will hopefully still make 2003.

Comment

[quote="Burai"]
                            Yes it is.
                            When the killer app for the most powerful console in the world is the ability to play 10 year old arcade games, you know something is seriously wrong somewhere down the line. Maybe if Microsoft hadn't spent all their money on making the machine cheap and more on securing decent exclusive content, perhaps this situation would never have arisen.
                            I sincerely hope you are taking the p**ss here?

Comment

But of course!

This years Xbox line-up is absolutely fantastic and Microsoft should feel proud that their $billions are securing such amazing content!

^^ That's what I sound like whan I'm taking the piss.

Comment

Burai is right- although I don`t care too much as I also have all consoles, in this stage of the consoles cycle- it must be worrying from MSs point of view that this fairly meagre line-up is all they have to show.

And from most gamers point of view, the XBs killer app is indeed what the console can do once modded.

Comment

Working...
                                X