Xbox's 2003 line-up... a bit crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burai
    Yeah, but no-one buy a console for multi-format releases.
    but if you have more than one console you're going to want the best version aren't you? if you don't already have an X Box then it has exclusives which easily match or better anything else on the market. so whether you're buying one now or already own one it amounts to the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by replicant
      Why do people presume that Sony are so far behind MS when it comes to being online?
      because they've delayed and delayed it. the PS2 has been out 3 years now and from where i'm standing there's still no solid release date for it's online service this country. i know it's being tested right now but that doesn't mean anything to the general consumer.

Comment

Andy

What about the installed userbase in Japan, and the US?

XB live only launched here a couple of months ago. So Sony are hardly that far behind in the UK.

also

if you don't already have an X Box then it has exclusives which easily match or better anything else on the market
        hmm, u sure the xbox offers the -

best 2d shooter
        best football game
        best 2d fighter
        best 3d fighter
        best rpg
        best platformer
        best racer
        best puzzle
        ?

best fps game I will grant you! but to say it has exclusive titles which beats everything on the market is nothing but inaccurate fanboy talk.

Comment

i just wanted to add some positive comments to a largely anti-x box thread, redress the balance a bit

imo for ?130 you're getting a good deal and it has exclusives which are definitely worth having, once you've got one you can look forward to playing the best versions of all the multiformat titles (of which there are loads) and some great (console) exclusives. whether it has the best shooter, football game etc etc is all down to opinion but there are good reasons to own one whatever your interests.

Comment

The issue on hand isn't whether Xbox is rubbish, or great or whatever.

The issue is the quality of the software coming in the next few months.

That rallying cry would have sounded great at Team Xbox - here it is little more than out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
              The issue is the quality of the software coming in the next few months.
              A lot of the argument has sounded a lot more to be regarding quantity than quality to me. As long as Bioware don't muck up KotOR, and Brute Force gets anywhere near its hype (and isn't delayed again), and MotoGP 2 and Midtown Madness get me back onto Live, then I'll be plenty happy over the summer before the winter line-up arrives.

Comment

it's all down to opinion isn't it, just because you believe X Box has a weak software lineup in the coming months, or this year doesn't make you right. personally i think there are plenty of quality titles coming our way.

Comment

Working...
                X