Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 4 480p, 1080i options? Check this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considerably less jaggy.

Comment

It looks less jaggy vertically, horizontally it looks the same. (top of bumper good, side of car same).
      Last edited by razu; 28-12-2004, 19:49.

Comment

I have to disagree. It looks far less jaggy both vertically and horizontally. If the PS2 can output GT 4 in that resolution at 60fps I'll be shocked with what Polyphony has pulled out of the bag technically on the PS2.

Comment

What display was that on?
          Does anyone know whether it was digital or analogue?

Comment

To save a thousand words...

Comment

Which should be applauded, rather than disected and mulled over for all eternity.

Comment

You mean there's fun to be had in not sucking the enjoyment out of every single thing?

Comment

It all falls into place.

You choose between 640x540p, or 640x1080i. Both use an identical memory footprint. One gives you a stable picture at a lower resolution, the other a flickering interlaced picture with more vertical lines. Clearly both use the same horizontal resolution.

Comment

That was considerably less than a thousand words. Looks to the left...

Comment

What's 640x540? heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                        What's 640x540? heh.
                        Yeah, sorry. It would be 640x448. Which doubled up would give 896 lines, not 1080, meaning a full 1080 image would require slightly more VRAM than standard PS2 res.

Comment

Not one to split hairs (heh), but isn't it 640x480i/p?

But I see what you mean :P

Comment

I haven't taken any interest in PS2 stuff since I sold mine a few years back so apologies if this is a dumb question but is the PAL version likely to have the 1080i option in it?

Comment

I doubt it, given that (a) no PAL Gran Tourismo game has yet featured a 60Hz option (apart from playing GT2 through Bleemcast!), and (b) hi-def stuff for PAL seems to get dropped 99% of the time anyway.

Mind you, Prince Of Persia did it, so it isn't completely unlikely.

My TV won't do progressive anyway (despite doubling to 100Hz internally), so it's all rather academic to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X