Mario Kart DS Anticipation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Kalimari desert, It's unknown what tracks are in it at this point,
    Last edited by Ouenben; 20-08-2005, 22:34.

Comment

16 retro 16 new tracks for a total of 32.

Tracks i have seen in videos include Moo Moo Farm(N64), Luigi Circut (DD), and the first track from Super Mario Kart (forget the name).

Also one of the new tracks sees the players racing up a pinball table, having to avoid balls and flippers. the below interview give more details on what to expect.

This website is for sale! n64europe.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, n64europe.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

32 tracks... nice

Comment

I am liking this quote

?We have also added 16 new courses, and because Nintendo DS is a highly capable machine we are actually creating some kind of topography so that there are ups and downs in the courses, and some new tweaks.?

this coule take the crown off the GBA version as best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole

this coule take the crown off the Snes version as best ever.
            You made a mistake, i have sorted it for ya tho

Comment

Couple of new vids of Moo Moo Farm up at IGN (http://media.ds.ign.com/media/682/682877/vids_1.html).
              UK site www.mariokartds.co.uk seems quite a good source of new info, only ten or eleven weeks until launch, roll on November

The Mole; going to edit thread title and turn this into a "MKDS Anticipation Thread"

Comment

bit worried by the look of the MKDS logo (if it's genuine)

Comment

As someone who loves Ninty and my DS but who prefers solo-play, is this a game I should care about at all?

Comment

It's Mario Kart... if you like Mario Kart then yes, the online isn't the centre of the game, it's merely a well implemented (by the sound of it) extra meaning that you can always have a challenge racing instead of nuking the AI then having very little to do if u play solo.

Comment

Shimmyhill
                      maybe i am missing something but the GBA version contained the SNES tracks as well as new GBA tracks making it better i also thought the control and presentation were excellent and its still (IMO) the best racing game.

The DS version has a lot to live upto.

Comment

I never actually liked the GBA ver, yet it's the only ver I havn't liked, jus didn't like the handling :/

Comment

I didn't get on with the Gamecube version.

Many things including the battle and trasks were a huge lt down IMO.

What do you think was so up with the handling on the GBA version?

Comment

The GBA is defi 2nd best but is not quite right. The snes version is just about perfect. Its about racing and the weapons only play a small part, where all the versions after went wrong was to take the racing element out and make it a weapon-athon. MK64 being the worst in teh series, a total travesty imo. God i had such high hopes of it but it was dire. MK DD is a fun multiplayer game but again no racing elelment much better than MK64 but not a patch on SMK. But i still loved the gba version was great fun and close to the snes smk.

I love Snes MK, still play it to this day (infact in a compo on another forum and its still as good a game as ever !)

Comment

The funny thing is though the amount of people upset over the lack of a online battle mode?

I'm with the racers though, thats what MK should be all about.

Comment

Hmm, the video on the last page makes the game look a little fast. I certainly hope that this doesn't make the game a crash-bang-wallop across the finish line game like MKDD, and retains a controlled POWERSLIDE DAMMIT game like MK64.

Comment

Working...
                                X