No announcement yet.

The Xbox360 Get thread - Your Launch Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me and my girlfriend headed down to derby GAME at 6 this morning expecting there to already be people there

no one else turned up till half six and he was like some guy out of deliverance

we got interviewed by radio derby

i was first in line and first to get my system

i came away with the mans pack, cod2, kameo, tony hawk (why?), PDZ and condemned

also got extra pads, chargers, leads and xbox live

also got prince of persia on the ps2

in essence:

dissapointingly short queue and zero atmosphere

i only had 3 hours sleep last night so we got the stuff home, set up both consoles played till one, slept till 6 then played more and now i'm eating take out pizza in preparation to go again

good day all round

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
      If the guy responsible for ****ing up Amazon's waiting list was in front of me, I would tear his arms and legs off and molest him with the stumps.
      Someone at Play is looking for the treatment too.

Comment

I managed to get a core pack from Comets web site this morning; core pack, hard drive, king kong and perfect dark zero for 365 pounds. Should get it Tuesday. Saved me the hassle of going round the shops this morning.

Costco in Leeds had 15 premium packs in but I wasn't allowed to buy one because my card is linked to my mates who works there (staff weren't allowed to buy them).
        Last edited by AlonzoUK; 03-12-2005, 07:23.

Comment

Preordered on the 18th of August at the local GAME, 5 minutes walk away (Gyle, Edinburgh). 6th on the list. At no point in the last 3 months did I ever think I wouldn't get one. Mind, I think I would have coped if I hadn't. Good things come to those who wait.

Turned up this morning at about 9. It had opened at 8:30. There were few people there. Took the 5 game premium pack (Gotham, PDZ, Kameo, Condemned, CoD) plus an extra wireless and a play and charge kit. I was in and out in 10 minutes.

Easy. It has to be said, the guys running the shop were pretty well organised.

Comment

Got to Game York at 6:45 expecting long lines and such. No chance nobody turned up till opening and even then it was only like 5 people. Felt a rite tit outside game waiting with a mum wanting to get one for her son. Oh well was in and out in 5 mins with my man-pack and PGR3.

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoUK
              project dark zero
              is that a joanna dark racing game??

Comment

I was gonna try my local Tesco's extra on the Thursday night but they were all sold by 3pm!

So i got up early and went to Toys R Us, was there for 3.30am, 12th in the que and they had 18 machines (all core), last one went at 5.30am.

Lots of dissapointed people turning up from 7.30 - 9am.

The first person was queing since 7.30pm on Thursday night, madness!

Comment

Originally posted by hovblackctr
                  I was gonna try my local Tesco's extra on the Thursday night but they were all sold by 3pm!

So i got up early and went to Toys R Us, was there for 3.30am, 12th in the que and they had 18 machines (all core), last one went at 5.30am.

Lots of dissapointed people turning up from 7.30 - 9am.

The first person was queing since 7.30pm on Thursday night, madness!
                  That's nothing mate, we had people queueing from 8am Thursday! All 14 machines were gone by 12:30.

Comment

Working...
                  X