No announcement yet.

Hexic HD - Xbox 360 Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One word of advice, try not to get any Flowers during the first 3 rounds as the points are very low then. Try to keep getting combos until you reach levels 4/5 where the points increase a lot for the Flowers.

Comment

Just got the 75 000 timed achievement, cheers for the flower arranging tips, I have been concentrating getting them early on.

Comment

Trouble with that is as the levels increase, the more colours there are, so getting a star flower becomes more difficult. To get black pearls, you need to be creating star flowers as soon as possible.

Comment

I think I will try to get a few nearly made flowers at the bottom of the screen and then try to complete them a couple of levels later.At the moment I am concentrating on the 150 k achievement.

Comment

I always go for starflowers straight away, so by the time I have 6, I'll be up a few levels and will get alot for the black pearl. I too am going for the 150,000 achievment right now too!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
              I think I will try to get a few nearly made flowers at the bottom of the screen and then try to complete them a couple of levels later.At the moment I am concentrating on the 150 k achievement.
              That was a **** idea, reckon it's back to the original plan.

Comment

301265!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!

Got 2 Black Pearls that time and then one bomb plonked itself in the middle of nowhere and I couldnt stop it!

Set out tobeat 150,000 and doubled it so I'm happy!! And now have 9 of 12 achievements in this now! 8)

Comment

yorath i just read ur first comment and though wow what a great idea, saving the flowers for bigger points, then i read ur next post guess back to drawing board for me too

Comment

This method does work very well, you just have to take care of your star flowers and not let them drop completely to the bottom. How do you do this? It's fairly easy, keep your star flowers in pairs. When they are in danger of falling, use the 360 rotation of each flower inturn to move them further up the board, just watch out for moves that will start chains when they're rotated. Keeping them in pairs will also help making black pearls.

Re-reading, saving part complete flowers, no this doesn't work well as it's too easy for chains to destroy them. I just create flowers as quickly as possible, and manipulate these to pearls as quickly as possible. To get the black pearl star flower it requires 36 star flowers, so it's a lot of work
                    Last edited by MartyG; 17-01-2006, 10:25.

Comment

It might work, you just need to be a planning genius and not some butter fingered fool like I am who keeps rotating his shapes the wrong way and destroying all his good groundwork.

Comment

lol, ill give the marathon ANOTHER go later and see how i do tho i seem to be very rabbish coz i can get the achievements

Comment

Just got the Marathon achievement .

Comment

how do you beat marathon mode? I thought it was infinite for some reason

Comment

Sorry, I meant the 150k part of the achievement. As you may have guessed I am quite poor at this game.

Comment

heh cool

I can't even get anywhere near 150k but my boyfriend managed to do it (git)

Comment

Working...
                                X