No announcement yet.

Games that aren't for "pussies".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any JPN RPG with no hint of English i.e. Yo****sune-ki and Kenkoushindan Daisakusen.

If you've completed those, then roll yourself a spliff!!

Comment

VF4 Evo seconded.

I have nothing against difficult games but only if there is the prospect of me succeeding, however small that may be. You could say any game thats harsh but fair is ok with me.

Viewtiful Joe - The Magnificent 5 ft:

Comment

Ahh, I love bitch hard games. You can play a shmup every day for two weeks and never get past one part. Then it clicks and you double your score. I don't give a toss about your storytelling, emotive gaming, there's no better feeling than doubling your high score or getting to a level you've never reached before.

Games I enjoy for their sheer nastiness are Ghouls N Ghosts, Raiden, Strikers 1945 II, Revenge of Shinobi, Bomb Jack, Robotron.

I do hate high difficulty in games where you can save though. Got stuck on a difficulty spike in PS2 Shinobi (the last boss) and I'm never going to go back to it. With proper arcade games you can have high difficulty because you warm up to it. You find your rhythm (plus, you're more likely to start playing because you're facing easy levels initially) before you get to the hard parts. Modern games with saving between levels don't have the same flow difficult arcade games have.

It's for that reason I'll always find the last level of Super Mario 3 alot more thrilling than the last level of Super Mario World. There's something at stake. You get that "Don't choke! Don't choke! Don't choke!" feeling essential to making any videogame terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
          Bangaioh (N64) I found most of it quite easy, only a few levels in there that are really difficult, but it's all possible if you plan your route of attack and be patient. But that last boss. OH, THE LAST BOSS! I'll spare you 5 pages of swearing by just saying that he's a bastard.
          Haven't played the N64 version but its alot different from what I understand so could be why, and If Treasures "Remake" of Silhouette Mirage on the playstation is anything to go by then DC Bangai-O is probabaly about about 100 times harder than the N64 version.

Comment

Oni
            The great thing about this game is that when you die (and you will ****ing die, horribly, many, many times) you know it's the game's fault and not your own.

Comment

Nintendogs surely?

Comment

Actually i found Contra Shattered Soldier piss easy.
                Difficult games to master/complete:

DMC 3
                Ikaruga
                Last Blade/ Last Blade 2 on hard mode
                Border down (it gets harder the more times you die!)
                Mars Matrix (this will eat you up and spit you out)
                Viewpoint

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                  Alien Hominid's balls-nasty hard. Well, it was for me, but I iz well pussy.
                  I nearly broke my fingers playing this.
                  I was so glad to see the Yeti.

Comment

Renegade - just getting through the first level is cause for celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                      Renegade - just getting through the first level is cause for celebration.
                      Version?

Comment

When I beat that game a lirrul bit of sex wee came out- I was only a nipper.

There was no actual ending on the speccy. I never felt so cheated. Until I finished Target:Renegade and got jipped again.

If I remember right, it just said 'Congratulations' 3 times. **** me, Ocean knew how to push the boat out on their coin-op conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by endo
                          When I beat that game a lirrul bit of sex wee came out- I was only a nipper.

There was no actual ending on the speccy. I never felt so cheated. Until I finished Target:Renegade and got jipped again.

If I remember right, it just said 'Congratulations' 3 times. **** me, Ocean knew how to push the boat out on their coin-op conversions.
                          Wrong, In Renegade you got to kiss the girl. Speccy Renegade was solid like Ashford and Simpson.

I'd like to die now.
                          Last edited by Il Postino; 10-12-2005, 00:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Il Postino
                            solid like Ashford and Simpson.

I'd like to die now.
                            LOL

For me....Samurai Shodown 2

Beaten 3 times in 10 years :// Never without using a load of continues/game save at Mizuki....humph.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                              LOL

For me....Samurai Shodown 2

Beaten 3 times in 10 years :// Never without using a load of continues/game save at Mizuki....humph.
                              Is it that hard? Have you tried last blade 2 on level 8 difficulty setting- ouch!
                              I remember gamestm did a feature on the toughest games and many of the titles mentioned got a shout including bangai o, virtual on 2 and super puzzle fighter. Personally i like a good challenge, it forces you to get the most out a game and forget the wad of cash you slammed down to get the damn thing

Comment

OMG yeah super puzzle fighter its a nightmare trying to beat Akuma, i wanted to smash my DS after a few trys at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X