• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Il Postino
    Version?
    Arcade.

Comment

Fair play,

the arcade version is ****ing nails, but *cough* I can sweep and clear the ****er in one life, me big tough guy for sure.

Obviously, this means I can clear 'Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun' in one life too, which, I believe, makes me hardcore!!!!

MAME on keyboard works great for me, not that anybody had asked.

Comment

Tried MAMEing it for the first time in ages last week - I think it took me 37 tries to get past the first boss.

It's not like there's even any cheap Double Dragon-style "get the twats to fall down the hole" exploitz I can see, excepting I got a few dudes to suicide themselves off the platform occasionally.

Comment

Get a grip my man.

On Level One, you can sling the grunts off the platform to the right.

On Level Two, you can throw them into the sea on the left.

On Level Three, well you should know what you're doing by then. I've got a big fat momma trying to bring me down, etc.

Comment

Nearly all NEOGEO games aren't for pussies (they had to provide ?200 worth of gameplay...), but I feel that Magician Lord & Viewpoint in particular, are brutally hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
              Nearly all NEOGEO games aren't for pussies (they had to provide ?200 worth of gameplay...), but I feel that Magician Lord & Viewpoint in particular, are brutally hard.
              Could almost name any boss in any snk fighting game

Chessy and over powered

Comment

Perfect Dark 64 - Perfect Agent diff.

Comment

I did once get into some crazy sort of zone on Magician Lord and get to the third level with the flying bastards and then died. Barely ever been off the first stage other than that one mad time. I get that "it's doable" feeling every time I play it though.
                  I think all these slow-paced 3D free-roaming adventures with spelled-out objectives have taken our skills away anyway.

Comment

Just scanned this thread and realised nobody has mentioned Panzer Dragoon Orta. It comes to mind as I've gone back to it to play hard mode and aim for 100% completion - pie in the sky basically.

Comment

I did, I said it was great and hard, it was in the post that you replied too and told me I never say anything good about anything....

Comment

Strikers 1945 plus. (Hell, most Psikyo shmups)
                        Dangun Feveron.

And worst of all, Gradius 3. (It's the only game that ever made me throw my pad away)

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon
                          I did, I said it was great and hard, it was in the post that you replied too and told me I never say anything good about anything....
                          Oops! I guess I didn't make it past the DMC3 comment to the rest of what you were saying, I apologise!

Comment

Urban Reign. I love this game although parts of it can get quite challenging. But it's amazing how you keep becoming better at the game and eventually overcome each level in turn. Myself and a friend are playing thru it now (taking turns each level/death, there is no co-op option) and we are up to level 88/100 I think.

Gripshift is becoming a challenging little bastard as well. Another great unknown game.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                              Just scanned this thread and realised nobody has mentioned Panzer Dragoon Orta. It comes to mind as I've gone back to it to play hard mode and aim for 100% completion - pie in the sky basically.
                              *nods* Oh yea!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                                Getting 100% is difficult but just completing the game on HARD mode is incredibly easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X