Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muse hunter
    i don't, doesn't stop it from annoying me though
    How do you know that's what it does then?

I guess a friend told you, right?

Maan, I'd take this one further, but I understand I'm "under moderation", which is kind of like "double secret probabtion", but worse, or so I understand. Anyway my name is Tinribs and I like you very much, etc.

Comment

Yeh well I quite like you when you're not being obnoxious.

Oh

"So-and-so's xxxxxxx killer" as in "Sony's XBox killer" or "Atari's GTA killer". **** off.

Comment

'Advanced AI'

often followed by

'Emergent behaviour'

Rarely does a title achieve either of those two things....

Comment

"Toon shading"

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
            "Toon shading"
            It was a graphic technique created by Discreet (of 3D Studio Max fame), what do you want them to call it "Bugs Bunny Shading".

Comment

Cel Shading works for me :P

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
                Cel Shading works for me :P
                Me too, it's the true term for the graphic technique.

Comment

Innovative\Innovation.
                  Ninty.
                  Shiggsy
                  Second wave.

Comment

apols *dp*
                    Last edited by dcmk; 18-05-2006, 12:40.

Comment

"New Games Journalism."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

A load of laughable self-indulgent drivel fit only for Private Eye's "Pseuds Corner", more like.

Comment

These aren't so much phrases as annoyances coming from the fact that many of the people I know are huge gaming elitists.

One of my pet hates is people who are completely hung up on framerates. I know people who'll sit there watching someone play a new release and theatrically cringe and/or laugh whenever the framerate drops below 60 and then make threats that they'll write an angry letter to Edge about how it's shameful that modern games aren't locked at 60.

Also people who are vehemently opposed to games on one format or another. There's another person I know who refuses to acknowledge that there can be a good PC game and automatically dismisses them without even playing them. He played Oblivion a bit on the 360 and before he'd even escaped the catacombs at the beginning gave up and said it's a "****e PC game."

There are those out there who seem to think that Japanese games are fundamentally better. I've been criticised by JRPG fans for saying that I really liked Knights of the Old Republic, which I still do (the main reason why I'm so interested in Mass Effect). Some of these people won't buy an Xbox after citing the lack of good games available at the moment but are already saving for launch PS3s based on games that are a couple of years away.

Specs comparisons also do my head in. The number of times I've flicked through supposedly knowledgeable tech magazines which say that PS3 is twice as powerful as the 360 because it can do two teraflops as opposed to one...GRR!

Oh, and "toyset"

Comment

"Gimmick" or, even worse, "Gimmicky"

Can we have automatic bans for anyone who says either, please? Just setting the wheels in motion here...

Comment

Well wouldn't that make you the first?

Comment

I know a guy who is totally hung up on framerates. does my head in. Also the whole dumb internet speak like noob and the suchlike makes me want to bang my head against the screen!

Comment

2.5D - It just doesn't exist!

Comment

Working...
                                X