I Heart My PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    When changing the clock speed there were actually 2 settings set at 200 and I changed them both to 333. Is that correct?
    The 2 options are "Speed in XMB" and "Speed in UMD/ISO". You might save a bit of battery if you set the XMB one to default - that one is only for the Sony built-in apps like MP3 player, video player, photo viewer etc. The UMD/ISO setting is the only one that affects games.

Comment

I bought my PSP in November and I hardly use it. How do I go about loading emulation onto it? I use a Mac and all the sites I have found seem to be for PC users..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Pie View Post
        I bought my PSP in November and I hardly use it. How do I go about loading emulation onto it? I use a Mac and all the sites I have found seem to be for PC users..
        Mac or PC it makes no difference, the only part your computer will play is in copying files to the MemoryStick. You either do that by putting the stick in a USB memory card reader or by connecting the PSP to the computer with a USB 'A' to USB 'B' lead and putting the PSP into USB mode on the PSP System menu.

You'll only be able to do emulation if your firmware is version 3.0.3 or earlier, and if you can lay hands on an early copy of Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories - you can tell its the right one if it also has the firmware version 2.0 update on the disc.

If you can meet both of those requirements, go look at the PSP firmware forum on QJ.net and you will find straightforward instructions in the stickies.

Comment

I'm changing jobs (still at the same company) today and I'm hoping to get nearly enough cash for a PSP! :woot:

My boss asked me yesterday what I wanted as a leaving present (??) and I said depends how much i get I suppose and he reckoned around 100 quid. So I said get me some vouchers for Game or Tesco and what with the price drop of the PSP today, I'll add some extra cash and get one.

I only want it for PS1 emu. I have a ton of unfinished games to play (Soul Reaver and FFVII I'm looking at you). Is it possible to get your PS1 saves across from Dexplorer or similar?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            I'm changing jobs (still at the same company) today and I'm hoping to get nearly enough cash for a PSP! :woot:

My boss asked me yesterday what I wanted as a leaving present (??) and I said depends how much i get I suppose and he reckoned around 100 quid. So I said get me some vouchers for Game or Tesco and what with the price drop of the PSP today, I'll add some extra cash and get one.

I only want it for PS1 emu. I have a ton of unfinished games to play (Soul Reaver and FFVII I'm looking at you). Is it possible to get your PS1 saves across from Dexplorer or similar?
            Rember if you pick up a new one, it could well have an un-downgradeable firmware on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurine View Post
              Mac or PC it makes no difference, the only part your computer will play is in copying files to the MemoryStick. You either do that by putting the stick in a USB memory card reader or by connecting the PSP to the computer with a USB 'A' to USB 'B' lead and putting the PSP into USB mode on the PSP System menu.

You'll only be able to do emulation if your firmware is version 3.0.3 or earlier, and if you can lay hands on an early copy of Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories - you can tell its the right one if it also has the firmware version 2.0 update on the disc.

If you can meet both of those requirements, go look at the PSP firmware forum on QJ.net and you will find straightforward instructions in the stickies.
              Cheers.. that was most helpful!

Comment

Ah.. I just checked my copy of VC:LCS..it is a later version. However my PSP equipped with firmware below 3.0.3, which is something at least...

Comment

picked up a copy of gta liberty city stories today from a local indy shop and i am wondering if i got the unpatched version.There were 2 copies in the shop,the first umd disc says ULES-00151 and the second has ULES-OO151#.I took the first one as i reckoned that they may have added the hash to the patched verison.Can anybody confirm the above.

EDIT:
                  I have put a thread in ask the forum for the above.
                  Last edited by JB@XL; 15-05-2007, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Rember if you pick up a new one, it could well have an un-downgradeable firmware on it.
                    Luckily it's got 2.71 on it! I'm just waiting for my memory card (4gb Sony from Ebuyer using Google checkout, 41.45 inc vat and postage!) and then I'm going to try to put a DarkAlex firmware on it.

Any tips to prevent me from bricking it?

Comment

ok got my psp recently and went on a long bus trip over the past few days

its my first ever portable console to

first what i think is the good

Very powerful machine alot of the games look really good
                      Lots of good games every extend/tekken/wipeout/loco roco and many more
                      Great large screen for the games
                      wifi/umd movies etc

the bad
                      the d-pad/analogue stick i find horrible to use thankfully i got a kit which seemed to solve these problems

i found it a bit uncomfortable to hold and doing some moves in tekken pressing two buttons at the same time i found hard

still a really good machine really glad i got one

Comment

Right. thinking of ordering a PSP later tonight and really want to take a look at this homebrew stuff, I have an unpatched copy of Liberty City and was working, if I order a PSP from VGP what are the chances that it will be able to have it's firmware changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Revolution6000 View Post
                          Right. thinking of ordering a PSP later tonight and really want to take a look at this homebrew stuff, I have an unpatched copy of Liberty City and was working, if I order a PSP from VGP what are the chances that it will be able to have it's firmware changed?

Picked up a jpn gold psp this week and it has firmware 3.10 so maybe worth an email to vgp to see if they can tell you if they have any 3.03 or lower firmware psp's.

Comment

I have just got (last week) a new Ceramic white UK PSP (a leaving present ), which had the TA-082 motherboard and the 2.71 firmware. So nice and easy, just had to wait for my fat 4gb memory card to arrive.

Last night I downgraded and then upgraded to Dark Alex's 3.40-OE firmware and have just this minute got ScummVM and Beneath A Steel Sky running!!

The downgrade was a bit hairy (it got stuck once and I had to take the battery out; convinced my PSP was bricked) but it all turned out okay.

So, this month I'll be mostly playing Beneath a Steel Sky, next month, perhaps I'll rip some PS1 games to it. Can't see myself buying many PSP titles, but emulation and full-resolution, high bitrate movies on the move, is just what I need.

Comment

Think I'm just going to take a chance and order a White PSP from Gameplay, oh well, if it turns out to how the wrong firmware I'd imagine I can find out from the box and just send it back.

Comment

Running a 2.71 with the TA-082, so I take it, just run the easy installer, the follow the readme there after? I take it PSP Hauptverzeichnis Wählen! is the PSP folder on your memory stick?

Then from 1.5 use an installer to get to the latest version of the DA firmware?

Edit: Damn that was a little scary, everything is working now, time to explore what this thing can do =D
                                Last edited by Revolution6000; 19-05-2007, 20:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X