Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff! I think! I want to see some of these questions they were on about on Giant Bomb

I just can't shake the stigma that's attached to the UK version of 1 vs 100, what with it being the tack-on part of the National Lottery.

Comment

I've just had a look Chris, if you can work out how to actually play the game, please let me know! :S

I don't see a link to download it or anything anywhere!

Comment

Is it not on one of the pages somewhere in the NXE? (I'm at work at the moment...)

Comment

Yeah, but it just says "Run the program and join the fun" etc...not very clear to idiots like me at all!

Comment

Ice Ice Baby is available for download on Lips. Finally a reason to dust off those mics! lol

Comment

Major announcement on 1 vs. 100 next week, apparently...

<shrug>

Comment

I just spent a couple of hours in the 1vs100 Live Show in the US beta.

This thing is amazing.

The questions were submitted by the community though, so being the US beta there was quite a lot of president/baseball/US TV questions which I had no chance with, but educated guesses actually did me OK and I did pretty well. Didn't make it into the Mob though, which was a shame, but there was 30,000 or so players so it wasn't that likely anyway!

The scorings really nice, you have eight seconds to answer which is just long enough to Wiki, but doing so will get you less of a time bonus so you'll never be among the top ten. There's loads of stats available at all times (such as top ten) with a press of "back."

Basically, it's awesome.

Extended play now!

Comment

KOF 98 UM this week!!!

Someone has been listening to me!

Comment

ARRGGHHH!!! I haven't had enough time to get good at Garou yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/...-ultimate.aspx

KOF 98 UM this week!!!

Someone has been listening to me!
                      bah another old crusty neo fighting game wheres the variety in that

Comment

It's not that old. The ultimate match version only came out a couple of years ago

Comment

No but there was a classic fighting game *last week*.

Gotta be honest, Fallout 3 DLC aside, I've not purchased anything from XBLA in a long time now.

Comment

This is interesting and will no doubt fuel the flames of the anti-DD brigades arguments.

I actually quite like the downloadable libraries offered by XBLA, PSN and Wiiware and the convenience of being able to switch from one title to another without the need for changing the physical media is great when I'm feeling lazy late at night but I do feel that this is bad development all the same.

I can't recall any other instances where it simply becomes impossible to legally own a piece of software for a console. Obviously titles have gone out of print for consoles in the past but there is always the option of hunting down a copy on the second hand market (despite what publishers wish, I don't believe there is anything wrong with that - yet?!) but you simply cannot do that with a DD title.

There's also the issue of where those of us who have already purchased one or both of these titles stands. The theory is we can go to our download history and download again from there but I've already read one report this morning of someone attempting this and getting error codes. Certainly, I won't be deleting Double Dragon from my HDD any time soon just in case.

Obviously Microsoft have no guilt in any of this, the whole issue of IP rights is always going to be tricky when a publisher goes bust and MS are just unfortunate that the first reported instances of this happening has affected their service. But I can't see this helping the cause of digital downloads to those who are already skeptical.

Comment

Wheres a cheap place to get live points online these days?
                              Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Comment

Edit: never mind

Comment

Working...
                                X