Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one turtles for me. Not too sure about MvC2. Will have to see how the online is since I already own 3 versions of it!

Not too happy about the 1200 points though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      My apologies then, still not really up for paying a ?10 for a graphically overhauled 15 year old game.
      With the greatest respect its probably not for you anyway since you didn't know what it was. Its very much a game for what was the Arcade generation.

Comment

Agreed.

Turtles in Time Reshelled is the one XBLA I've been most excited about for months.

If nothing else, it has an awesome soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
          With the greatest respect its probably not for you anyway since you didn't know what it was. Its very much a game for what was the Arcade generation.
          Actually I'm afraid you are totally off the mark there friend. I loved the original arcade games, remember playing them (badly) and was delighted to play the original on XBLA.

The fact I "didn't know what it was" is more down to a full time job, two kids and everything else in life nowadays, my memory isn't what it once was, that's for sure, but your thoughts are misplaced if you thin I'm not a part of the clique you're talking about.

Even now I'm slightly fuzzy about which is which, inbetween the arcade games, the NES one (top down in parts if I recall?), and so on and so forth, I'm still confused and can't place the games.

However, when I bought the original arcade game on XBLA, I was greatly disappointed and the experience was very short lived (like an awful lot of retro re-releases on XBLA), like most things from years gone by, memory plays tricks, you remember them as being this great thing, and at the time, they were, but in the cold harsh light of day, they aren't always what you fondly reminisce about.

Hopefully I've justified my opinions now by proving my hardcoreness!
          Last edited by Jebus; 09-07-2009, 17:17.

Comment

I paid £70 to import Turtles in Time on the SNES... and promptly finished it within an hour or so. Hope this version's a tad harder

Comment

1200 points for four out of the five they can keep the lot, trails isnt that great got it on pc, turtles was a great arcade game 15 years ago and is an 800 point max title, not remotely interested in splosion man or shadow complex. Was tempted with marvel vs capcom but wont bother for that price

Comment

1200 is the new 800, I think it's rare you'll find a new release for less than 1200.

Comment

Looks like Team 17 were listening - Alien Breed Evolution revealed

Comment

Yep, they were on about that a few weeks back on major nelson's podcast... amongst other things. Should be good!

Comment

What time is 1 vs 100 kicking off?

Comment

No sign of a D/L for 1/100 yet. The missus is getting twitchy.

Comment

If it's up before I leave from work, I'll get my home alone brother to download it...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It says 19:30 on the dashboard.

Comment

Cool beans! Ta.

Comment

It's 7:30pm - 9:30pm but I don't think you "download" anything do you?

Comment

Working...
                                X