X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szczepaniak View Post

QUESTION
    To what degree do the different regions of XBL (Japan, USA, UK) have exclusive content?

I don't have a 360, and haven't been following 360 mags, so I have no idea. The PS3 has a lot of exclusive content between regions, and it's a right pain in the arse setting up foreign accounts and then buying points cards in order to have consumer freedom. I'm guessing it's the same on the 360? Someone mentioned Aegis Wings in another topic.

How easy is it to create foreign accounts? I've heard Microsoft want to clamp down on these...
    The content isn't that different. Microsoft have been pretty good in making sure it's universal where possible. The only examples that stick in my head are Aegis Wing (which you already mentioned), some pretty obscure American sports leaderboard stuff and a Mahjong game that no one was interested in anyway.

Making accounts is just as easy to do as on the PS3. MS aren't bothered on it and I've not read anything except rumour-mongering about them clamping down on it (especially since a shed load of people created US accounts recently on various forums to cash in on some cheap points on Ebay).

They tend to control it instead by limiting stuff if your IP address doesn't match the region you're in. And then it;s only an issue if what you're trying to download isn't actually available in where you are based (like the Operation Darkness demo)

I've had some odd issues where the Crackdown 2 video and some other stuff wouldn't even download for me (despite it being out in the UK) but other than that it's pretty problem free.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
      Anyone playin 1vs 100? I am! Is that Anthea Turner?
      I do hope not.
      Anyhoo, the missus played this for 2 hours tonight but got extremely frustrated with the constant dis-connects (xbox is wired) during or after game sessions, more annoying was, after a DC and reconnect you'd find yourself back in the game AFTER a question has been asked, which of course you fail on, since you never got the chance to answer it, so your treated to your avatar hanging his/her head in shame.
      The ingame adverts were a nuisance as well, usually because you'd DC when they played.

The 'live' host idea (the bloke, not the Turner wimmin) was pretty good when it worked though, picking out avatars for a mention based on their performance or looks.

Sad to see that the US betas haven't ironed it all out before the euro launch, or perhaps it's the UK's crap infrastructure* which is bringing it all down.

*We cant all be on cable.

Comment

I was playing wirelessly and didn't have a single issue all evening with 1 vs 100. Maybe it's just your internet connection then...?
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I didn't have any disconnects for the two hours I was playing (wired connection). Didn't hear the live host once though.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
            I didn't have any disconnects for the two hours I was playing (wired connection). Didn't hear the live host once though.
            Same here! No disconnects, but no host.

Comment

We didn't hear the host either, but then we were in a party, so no surprise there.

Comment

I heard the host once, but then he didn't seem to be working properly

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  I was playing wirelessly and didn't have a single issue all evening with 1 vs 100. Maybe it's just your internet connection then...?
                  Curious indeed, my neighbour also suffered multiple DCs. We're both on virgin cable. Perhaps a local issue down this way then.

Comment

On a "me too" note, never heard the host either all evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian) View Post
                      Curious indeed, my neighbour also suffered multiple DCs. We're both on virgin cable. Perhaps a local issue down this way then.
                      massive amount of problems for me too think the work experience kids must of been in charge of virgin on Friday night

Comment

I also had major problems with 1 vs 100, many disconnects and I am using BT internet. I thought I was the only one. I gave up trying to connect into it and play a full game after an hour and a half.

Comment

Ikaruga is the offer of the week for 400 points (reduced from 800).

Comment

Anyone going on tonight to try the mass hysteria of 1 vs everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              800 points apparently.

Seems suspiciously cheap
                              Spot on. Just read AceyBongo's twitter post saying 800 points. Good price

Comment

Originally posted by number9dream View Post
                                Ikaruga is the offer of the week for 400 points (reduced from 800).
                                What is that, like ?3? Surely that's verging on criminal.

Comment

Working...
                                X