Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concept View Post
    There are differences. Just look around a few forums for those bothered enough to make comparisons.

The only reason people are saying it's nothing new is because in terms of content it isn't. The changes are cosmetic (improved frame-rate, small edits).

Improvements in physics and destrucibillity as well.

Comment

I think that most of the improvements in the newer video seem to be purely physics led. It seemingly demonstrates better smoke, better shadows, better destruction modeling etc.

Kojima has suggested that they are modeled in real time rather than preprogrammed, therefore all these things could be different every time they are rendered.

There are obviously slightly improved textures, models and frame rate too which you would expect from optimisation of such an early demo.

I imagine that Konami are a little surprised by all the attention this new video is getting lol.

Comment

It's because they didn't deliver one in May. Let's hope something turns up in July.

If MGS4 doesn't make it this year I'd expect a demo in the winter (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
          If MGS4 doesn't make it this year I'd expect a demo in the winter (hopefully).
          Hopefully they will, they are still quoting this year in the video:

Comment

lol, i was clickin away at that image of youtube waiting for it to play!

You rascal you!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
              lol, i was clickin away at that image of youtube waiting for it to play!

You rascal you!

That is so funny!!!! How long did it take you to realise?

Comment

A good ole 10 seconds! i want it back by the way, and the only way you can make it up to me is to give me your games, or your sisters mobile number

Comment

Of course you can. My sister's number is 9...double 9...453...467...568!

Do you honestly think you're the only person to have made that mistake? You're just the only one who has admitted doing it, you should feel proud of yourself!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                    Of course you can. My sister's number is 9...double 9...453...467...568!

Do you honestly think you're the only person to have made that mistake? You're just the only one who has admitted doing it, you should feel proud of yourself!!!
                    YOU my friend have too much time on your hands! But i thank yah all the same

Comment

\o/

MGS4 trailer confirmed for E3 in Ryan Payton's latest podcast.

Comment

Another point of reference. The new trailer is due to be shown at Sony's conference.

I think we can say this almost certaintly rules out any multi-platform version on the 360 until after the PS3's release.

Comment

I hope we get to see something new rather than just another remix!

Comment

It's not another remix. They're still cutting the trailer up until Sunday, last minute. :P

Comment

Well...it's better than nothing! Just!

It's amazing how much people just want to see a remixed video, it shows just how much people want this game.

Comment

New Metal Gear Solid Trailer At E3

"Session 47 of the Kojima Productions Report is live, and it not only announces the Metal Gear 20th anniversary celebration going on July 24th at the Ritz Carlton at Tokyo midtown, but also reveals that a brand new trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 will be shown at E3 next week! They hint at returning characters that they have not shown that will be unveiled in the trailer, and the trailer will be completely in English, with English subtitles as well. We'll be bringing you the new trailer as soon as we get our filthy little hands on it."

Comment

Working...
                                X