Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old man. The ninja emo doesn't exactly strike me a solider. More like a Manics fan tbh. I couldn't stand him in number 2. Bloody lipstick and long hair do not a soldier make.

Comment

But Snake has a moustache and a mullet.

Though personally I would go for Snake, Kojima never seems to be afraid of changing a character to make raiden girly, and Snake: old and unatractive.

And everyones got to love his new changing camo suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
        But Snake has a moustache and a mullet.
        Raiden has hips, tits, long hair and makeup!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k View Post
          Raiden has hips, tits, long hair and makeup!
          I think i can cope with a transvestite rather than a mullet and moustache.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
            I think i can cope with a transvestite rather than a mullet and moustache.
            I hope this is tongue in cheek (so to speak )

Comment

Lol. Fair enough. I think MGS4 should have followed on from MGS3. (Story wise obv!)

Comment

Yup, and that sequel was called MGS: Portable Ops for the PSP. MGS2 has alot of loose ends to tie up which are much more worth while than MGS3 and is generally a better game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                  Yeah, what's with the black lipstick?
                  I think that is his metal cyborg jaw , not black lipstick :P

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
                    Yup, and that sequel was called MGS: Portable Ops for the PSP. MGS2 has alot of loose ends to tie up which are much more worth while than MGS3 and is generally a better game as well.
                    Actually I think you're right. I Forgot about the MGS PSP games after that AWFUL card game that came out.
                    If the PSP version worth getting? Or is the camera really bad like MGS3?
                    If the camera can be controlled properly it's probably the game that would make me buy a PSP again. I loved Subsistence, but hated MGS3 due to the camera.

Comment

Not long after announcing the Metal Gear 20th Anniversary Pack, Konami launched a commemorative website with all the pertinent details on the contents, in addition to trailers for the impending Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on PlayStation 3. Bizarrely, however, the company also went back and tweaked the trailer originally released at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in 2006.

NeoGAF members stumbled upon the changes, which includes fixing frame rate hiccups, tweaking lighting, adding new special effects and other small, but pleasing, cosmetic changes. The "remix" is already available on GameVideos.

There was another, more subtle change: removal of PlayStation 3 branding near the end.

News Source: 1UP

Comment

Amusingly (in that comparisons have been done showing the differences etc) Konami have come out and said they never touched the trailer and it's just a repeat of the E306 trailer minus the PS3 logo ala the TGS trailer.

Gamesradar

Comment

That is bizarre, because in the comparisons I've seen there are minor differences in certain areas (one of the soldiers near the start is slightly retextured) and the part with the Metal Gear breaking through the wall clearly features more rubble.

Probably one arm of Konami not talking to the other.

Comment

i watched the supposed new trailer and i didnt notice any difference

the only thing i did notice was how it didnt seem to struggle anymore more showing snake moving through the house followed by the metal gear, that was the only concern i had when i first saw it last year, basically how jumpy it looked and poor framerate issues

so i guess it could be running faster than the earlier trailer

Comment

There are differences. Just look around a few forums for those bothered enough to make comparisons.

The only reason people are saying it's nothing new is because in terms of content it isn't. The changes are cosmetic (improved frame-rate, small edits).

Comment

They just seem to have tidied it up slightly, which hopefully they will keep doing that until release.

As to removing the PS3 logo...

The original E3 '06 (May 9th/12th) video which was announcing MGS4 for the PS3 did have the logo at the end of it but the TGS '06 (Sept 22nd/24th) video which was advertising the game...didn't have it!

It makes sense that when you are announcing a game for a certain platform that you do mention that platform somewhere but it isn't really necessary to mention it in every ad after that.

I'm a little confuse why this has become such an issue nearly 9 months after being removed?

Comment

Working...
                                X