Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boggy
    You reckon nintendo will sell their own SD cards? or will we have to buy some other companies product. It'd be nice to see nintendo opting out of it in some respects, making SD cards bigger and more sales for samsung or whoever.

Speaking of which, how much are SD cards? are they pricey?

7th post down (^_^)

I dont think nintendo will make massive ones like other companies so i might just get a nintendo one for the vc stuff & back it to my pc when it gets full. I doubt ill be buying so much vc stuff that i constantly run out of room.

Comment

Nice one, didnt see that thread before! nice prices, i wonder if all consoles follow suit? it seems like a nice logical move and i'm quite surprised nintendo (as good as they are) have done it first

Comment

yay nintendo-branded sd cards. i'd probably get one just for the hell of it cos it says nintendo on it and it's an sd card

i felt the same tingle of joy seeing that ninty sd card that i did when i first saw the playstation-branded cr2032 battery in my ps2

Comment

Do anyone know how high Nintendo wii is as I want to know if I can put it between my flat screen TV on stand to media cabient. I got about 3-4 inch gap.

Comment

Not very helpful but I think it'd fit...its VERY small.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
              Do anyone know how high Nintendo wii is as I want to know if I can put it between my flat screen TV on stand to media cabient. I got about 3-4 inch gap.
              Supposedly it's very similar to the size of 3 DVD cases next to each other so give that a go and see if it fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                3-4 inches is fine if you have it laying flat, I'm not sure about upright.

Comment

Its the same size as two DVDs put together apparently. If that helps?

Oops, didnt see Matty's post. Ignore this.

Comment

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

"Wii console manual reveals its secrets @ joystiq"

Comment

They are being a bit pickey over what is mostly normal practise.

Comment

Copy and paste of what I posted on another forum after having a play on a wii at the weekend:

London good food show. Four wii's set up and some beautiful assistants. They were all connected to 32" Panasonic HDTV's (the wii's not the beautiful assistants). There was no way of knowing what connections were being used but from the cleanless of the image it must have been component or RGB. Anyone who tells you the graphics will be poor on a big screen HDTV because of the limiting 480p resolution hasn't seen one in action.

First thing is the wii sensor, it's tiny, I imagined it would be long but its about the length of a dvd case and about about 2mc tall, very discreet and would blend right into a tv stand without it being noticed.

Four games on show were some pool/shooting game, no idea what it was, Wario smooth moves, Zelda and Wii sports.

I played smooth moves first off, seems kind of pointless - sure you can stick it on your head and squat but what's the point of that, you could just move the wiimote up and down in your hand and you've accomplished the task.
                        I didn't see the point of the game, it just gives loads of really quick challenges where you do a simple action then it says you did it or you didn't - for instance you do one squat and that's it, next task.
                        I don't know how much depth is in the game but the tasks were so basic and easy.

I have no interest in Zelda but it was the only non-cartoony game so I had a look at the graphics, they looked pretty good, just as up to par as any of the xbox 360 demos I've seen in shops. People playing it seemed to be enjoying it and the controls looked quite good.

I had a game of wii-sports boxing against a friend, the guy running the demo seemed to be having some trouble with one of the wii-motes, the cursor kept flicking around when he was trying to point it.
                        2 player split screen is quite weird, it's not overly easy to see what you're doing. There were times when it felt like I wasn't controlling my character, seemed to be some sort of connection issue. It was slightly hard to gague what was going on as we couldn't hear the sound. At times things slow done when you've taken a hard punch to simulate being dazed, without sound it's hard to know when the wii wasn't being responsive and when it wasn't supposed to be.
                        When I did fell in tune with the character it was great, throwing a swift clean jab into my mates face, knocking his head back and feeling a nice rumble in the wii-mote.
                        I was giving him quite a beating and was worried I would pull the cable out as I was swinging viciously throwing all manner of punches, in the fun of it all it was hard to tell if every punch was being replicated on screen, when I tried to throw low body shots it didn't seem to work.
                        I tried just flicking my wrist to see if it would throw a punch but it didn't work, only a proper punch would register, couldn't seem to get body shots right, they ended up as high up cross shots.
                        Anyway I beat the crap out of my mate, knocked him down about six times and finished him off still with full energy, I think this was his lack of fitness he was sweating while I was barely breathing any heavier.

Overall it seems pretty cool, the graphics are good, the control seems good though a bit erratic at times. It's quite hard to judge it based on a short play in a noisey hall but I liked it. As someone who lost interest in games a while ago it's far more appealing than an xbox or ps3. Don't plan on buying one but my brother does, I could see me getting one with a decent range of games that made use of the controls. Boxing was great fun but I can't imagine it being anywhere near as good in one player and the game wasn't intended for longevity. If someone re-made Ready to Rumble for it that could be a classic.

Overall pretty impressed

Comment

Oh I will be going to good food show in NEC next Thursday with my sister, but I should have Nintendo Wii at home before the show.

Comment

that's not fair, my parents are gonna have the oportunity to play one before me!

Comment

[QUOTE]Sonic Solutions? (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, today announced that Nintendo, the worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, has chosen Sonic? CinePlayer? CE DVD Navigator to bring high-quality DVD movie viewing to a future version of the company's WiiTM gaming console. Nintendo plans to release this version of Wii in the latter half of 2007.

Based on the same technology trusted by Hollywood studios, CinePlayer CE DVD Navigator is a robust, software-based DVD playback engine that delivers broad playback compatibility on a variety of platforms. The proven technology offers exceptional picture quality and supports all standard video and audio formats offered in the DVD specification, as well as advanced functions such as anamorphic widescreen video, motion menus, and multiple video angles.

"To be involved in Nintendo's ground-breaking gaming console is extremely gratifying and a testament to the efficiency, flexibility and dependability of Sonic's technology," said Jim Taylor, senior vice president and general manager of Sonic's Advanced Technology Group. "Game consoles represent a fresh market and platform where we can introduce a new audience of potentially millions to the quality of our brand and the power of our digital media applications."

According to a recent report by new media research firm Centris ( http://www.centris.com/index.htm ), DVD playback device penetration continues to grow. The total number of DVD playback-capable households in the US grew to 91 million in April 2006, which represents an 8% increase over the previous year. Adding to this figure was an increase in DVD-enabled game units which grew 11% year over year to approximately 45 million.

Created by Sonic's Advanced Technology Group, CinePlayer CE DVD Navigator is part of the company's growing portfolio of technologies that are being licensed to enable CD and DVD playback, as well as DVD recording and authoring. Sonic's technologies are licensed by leading technology companies such as Adobe, Microsoft, and Scientific Atlanta and used to enable digital media experiences in a wide variety of markets including consumer electronics, PCs, kiosks, automotive entertainment systems, and music download services. In addition to standard-DVD, Sonic recently introduced comprehensive support for emerging high-definition formats, Blu-Ray Disc (BD) and HD DVD.

For more information on Sonic's technologies for application developers, visit: http://www.sonic.com/products/Developer/AuthorScript/[QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X