No announcement yet.

"Uh-oh...." moments in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know a major Uh oh moment i encountered recently? its in God of War - When you fight them bitch ass Medusas, they use the gaze on yah that turns yah to stone, this is even more stressful when yoiu are surrounded by enemies and havent saved in ages. Pisses me off also! Grrr.........

Comment

Gotta echo the cyberdemon comments... holy cow.
      At the end of the third episode there's another uh-oh moment as you *really* get to tool up before the fight with the brain-spider thing. The cyberdemon still pwns though.

That water section in HL2 as well. It was sooo murky and rusty and... bleh.

Most recently it has to be guitar hero though. Not the same uh-oh as the classics, but when you see those reams of notes coming down during an expert solo you know it's going to end in tears. Similarly playing So Deep for the first time on DDR, mental. That's an uh-oh before you even start.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo
        Gotta echo the cyberdemon comments... holy cow.
        At the end of the third episode there's another uh-oh moment as you *really* get to tool up before the fight with the brain-spider thing. The cyberdemon still pwns though.
        I still remember fighting that spider thing the first time - just ran out into that courtyard and I heard it shrieking behind me. There's one level on Doom 2 where you start off in a maze with all these Arch-Viles standing nearby. You can see 'em, but they can't see you. And you just know as soon as you've opened a door or thrown a switch those guys will spot you and come running. When you hear that sinister laugh, it's time to scarper.

Comment

when you reach the Yamato in 1943......OMFG!

Comment

Loved that tower of babel level when you fight the cyberdemon (particulary the music)

It can be a real nerve shredding experience

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
              That sounds ace!!

I'd forgotten about that bit! It gets me everytime.

DONG DONG DONG DONG!!

gamers being scared by something as ridiculous as the chomp-chomp piano is gold!!!

(confession: also very creeped out )

Comment

Walking into the school changing room in Silent Hill, the bit where you

walk in and her a continuous tapping noise across the way.

Similarly, the prison in Silent Hill 2 had a similar effect, what with

the corridoor of rusted cells and the ominous footsteps of some lurking creature...

RPG boss fights (final boss fights in particular) where the assailant does a damaging move that kills at least one of your party members and takes any remaining to double figures in terms of HP.

Oh, and just about any game where you think you've beaten the boss and it changes form, second only to games where you beat the final boss and then have to make a speedy exit in advance of a sadistically tight time limit.

Comment

The gallows in SH2 really creep me out, with the galloping phantom horse.

Comment

About every 30seconds in an aliens vs predator level, usually followed by an alien snarling sound and me craping my pants

Comment

Working...
                    X