• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordcookie
    Originally posted by Papercut
    Originally posted by Concept
    Love level 2's boss.
    One of the coolest things about Rez is that everyone has a different favourite level boss! Mine would be the running man.
    I agree that the Running Man is the best boss. The way it continually changes and the way you can take different routes through the hallway.
    I like Earth[Tera] when you fight him in Morolian!

Comment

I've had the DC version since release but only bought the PS2 version last week after coming to the conclusion that it would be less painful on a Dual Shock than a DC pad.

I've subsequently lent my DC copy to a friend (spreading the love, you see) so I can't check this, but I'm convinced that the level 2 music and enemies are different between the two versions. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

But, yes, one of my favourite games of all time. Just wonderful. Level 5 is my favourite for so many reasons - the music, the "story", the euphoric ending. But levels 1-4 aren't too shabby either!

Getting back into Rez reminded me of Space Channel 5, which prompted me to order part 2 yesterday, so I'm in a bit of a UGA phase right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nips
        Welcome to the club. One of the best games ever.

There are several Bosses.

-Mega: Wussy
        -Giga: Good
        -Tera: fluffing hard.

If you shoot down over 98% on the first level you get Tera. 97% on second Tera, 97% on third you get Tera, 96% on 4 +5. But I'm not quite sure on the last two.

You can see which you are facing when the code goes past. It will say;

Boss[Type]:

Earth [Tera]
        Uranus [Giga]

---

Best of luck. If you get over 95% shot down on all levels you get boss rush mode. Try it and love it!
        Top one. Ta for clearing that up for me. I thought that I was imagining it or just getting bad at the game when I was starting to stuggle.
        I usually play this with a 5.1 amp on and the when the bass kicks in the game is unlike any other for the sheer amount of concentration and effort I put in (well except for Ikaruga). This game has to be played loud.
        My favourite bit, except for level 5 which is lovely, is the running man boss. I love the it when the guitar kicks in over the top of the tunes.
        My main reason for feeling that I was the only person who appreciated it was that whenever I play this game on my dinner time at work there are always comments of it "being weird" and "must be easy, all you do is move a square".
        Judging by the posts here though, I'm not alone in loving this game.
        Roll on Rez 2...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sheriff of Nottingham
          I've subsequently lent my DC copy to a friend (spreading the love, you see) so I can't check this, but I'm convinced that the level 2 music and enemies are different between the two versions. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
          I've played the DC and PS2 versions back to back, they are identical.

Comment

I love it. Played it at the weekend. With the arcade stick. Bad move!

Comment

What a diplomatic response
              Anyway that saves me from being stupidly completist and going for the PS2 version as well as the DC. I love the boss of area 4 as well, but I'm also fond of area 3's boss, I just love the part where yo are flying around backwards, being chased by all those little viruses, the rythm of yor lock-on really stands out.
              Actually, only recently did I notice that if you just hammer the fire button, you hear a pre-scripted beat, preventing you from creating a really crappy beat.

Comment

Anyone want to discuss tactics? Do you always link, or do you sometimes sit there tapping the firebutton in time with the music.?

Comment

I tend to go for multiple locks. This is mainly for the lightshow, and in the case of the final form it's for the sounds; it seems to say "resonate". You also gain more points this way so I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                    Anyone want to discuss tactics? Do you always link, or do you sometimes sit there tapping the firebutton in time with the music.?
                    I do whatever I feel like these days. Mashing on X, 8 link or letting the overdrive clear the screen, it's all good. Using the sounds the enemies make by killing them off in ones, pairs or threes is fun too.

Comment

For anyone who missed it, I posted a thread with some remixes. Adam Freeland's version is Very good:

Rez Tunes

Comment

Tactics:

It's got to be max lock. It's where the points are. And try to lock onto missiles as well. They are worth 10 points each so when locked with 8 others they are worth a good few.

When you're trying to shoot down 100% then don't worry about max lock. Just do what you have to do to get those suckers out of the air. But if you are going for a high score: Shoot down as much as possible with full lock on. Make sure you are facing the Tera Boss (You get more points). And when you fight the boss, never shoot the core, always go for the flying bits. They are worth more points.

Good luck! - Rock On!

Comment

Yep. I bought the Japanese box set, then had to wait for the Euro version of the game to come out to use it wwith when I realised my PS2 was a bastard to chip ^^;;
                          Any good? I've been toying with the idea of picking up the box set just...ermm....to have it

Comment

I've found the Level 4 boss music to be different (worse) on the PS2. There seems to be some kind of echo effect in there, which is missing on the DC. Anyway that's the only part of Rez I prefer playing on the Dreamcast

Comment

Originally posted by outspaced
                              What a diplomatic response
                              I meant in terms of gameplay/graphics/sounds.

- The DC version supports vga and mouse.
                              - The PS2 version may have a higher framerate (though slowdown seems worse to me), nasty anti aliasing, and supports the vibrator.

Comment

Must just be me then.

Comment

Working...
                                X