No announcement yet.

REZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PS2 version supports VGA too, using the Blaze VGA adaptor. This gives a real boost to the visuals.

Don't forget the benefits running at 60fps gives the PS2 version. There is also the matter of better sound output from the PS2 through the digital out.

Comment

The PS2 has better sound - only if you take advantage of it. But you never notice the frame rate on teh PS2 version. The only time the frame drops is when you change levels. It does slow down slightly (to add to the game) and the frame drops towards the end of that. But in the game it is never a problem. For me anyway!

Comment

I've noticed a bit of slowdown here and there in both PS2 & DC versions. That's within the main game lavels, usually when a lot's happening at once (naturally enough). However it's only very occasional and certainly not enough to spoil the experience.

Comment

Agreed. Any framedrop does not effect the experience. The PS2 version does have rumble no matter what and if you are lucky you can get the transvibrator. If anyone is questioning whether to buy this game: "Just Do It." You will not be dissapointed which ever platform you get it on.

Someone on the EDGE forum asked about an arcade version. Showed a few pics of the case 'n' all! It looked special. After the announcement of a possible second game, do you think it is possible that the arcade will be released?

Comment

Is the transvibrator worth picking up?

Also, can it be used for other games?

Comment

I think the transvibrator was only released in Japan and is Quite rare. I also think that it is expensive. I don't know if you can use it on other games or even if it is multi-regional (although I would have thought it would be), but it is really meant to highten your experience.

-Try Lik-Sang.com if you are really interested. They are probably most likely to stock it.

Comment

nah man, I know where to get em pretty cheap so thats not the bother

Just wondering if it actually added to the experience.

And please, no perverted replies

Comment

I think it'll only add to the experience if you're playing the game through a shoddy sound system, which is primarily the reason it was developed. If you've got surround sound capabilties just crank up the volume a couple of notchs, and the sub a few notchs more, that should rattle your bones

Comment

Ah, Ive got a nice decent surround sound system anyway, so I guess theres no need for the extra outlay!

Comment

The Trance Vibrator will work with any region PS2. The compatible games are Rez (personally tested with Japanese and Euro releases), Space Channel 5 part 2 (personally tested with Euro release) and Zettai Zetsumei Toshi a.k.a. SOS: The Final Escape a.k.a. Disaster Report (personally tested with Japanese version).

And yes, it does add to the experience. It beats to the rhythm of the track in Rez, where the dual shock just vibrates on hits and stuff. In SC5p2 it keeps the beat of the track going, and in Zettai it rumbles whenever an earthquake happens. With Zettai I suggest playing like this:

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Laslett
                        The PS2 version supports VGA too, using the Blaze VGA adaptor. This gives a real boost to the visuals.

Don't forget the benefits running at 60fps gives the PS2 version. There is also the matter of better sound output from the PS2 through the digital out.
                        Eh? PS2 doesn't give a VGA signal, so it is impossible for a pure VGA signal, just a converted one which is never as good as a pure VGA picture given from the Dreamcast.

The 60fps really makes a visual difference however though to be honest neither version sounds much different. The Dreamcast has a better quality Midi but the PS2 balances this with the optical link pretty much leaving them even.

Comment

I got the trance vibrator pack and it really thumps ya body on the harder levels and it gives you a massive rush...

Comment

they worth gettin then?

Comment

Right that's it, sod it, I'm getting the Rez trance vibrator pack next week.

*EDIT*

If you manage to obtain a trance vibrator try and hide it from your girlfriend

Comment

REZ - what a game. Anyway, I noticed that NCSX had restocked the trance-vibrator the other day, although I think they're only selling it with the game.

Strategy-wise: for scoring, always go for the biggest multiple lock. This often involves holding off firing until enemies launch missiles so you can add them to the lock. You also need to reach the hardest boss, as they earn you more points.

For high shot-down ratings, it's adviseable to use overdrive at certain points throughout each level (you need to learn where).

Personally, I think the games does have some depth - it's certainly not the shallow experience that detractors of the game claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X