US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selix
    Yeah! The amount of GameCube Import GameCube games I have bought for ?30+ but not liked and got like ?5 for them on ebay
    The amount of NTSC GC games i've got from ebay for around ?5

Comment

I'm thinking of getting a PAL Wii as well as a US NTSC one,
      And yet you talk of saving money? Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos
        And yet you talk of saving money? Crazy
        Good point

Comment

As someone who works in an indie myself I can see Selix's point. Waiting a month or so after a titles release and you can pick up PAL games at fairly low prices. Wait a little longer and get them Really low. But then the import console and lack of cheap games is still more appealing. I'll proabably end up getting both if no freeloader is made available, but wait for next summer for the UK one as people always trade in consoles in droves when theres no new games coming out for months.

As for launch games Zelda, Red Steel, Monkey Ball and Exite truck are the ones I have my eyes on. Probably get Zelda and Monkeyball first and pick up the others second hand from here or ebay.

Comment

I don't see why you'd get less on eBay for used US games. Just offer to ship them to the US and there's 300,000,000 new bidders.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills
              I don't see why you'd get less on eBay for used US games. Just offer to ship them to the US and there's 300,000,000 new bidders.
              Given the exchange rate it's not really worth it for either the buyer or seller.

Comment

Anyway we're going off topic a bit now (my fault)

WHENS VG+ GONNA GET THESE Wii's UP FOR PREORDER!!!?

Sick of waiting

Comment

Any news on weather US or PAL Wii consoles will be multi-regional at all?

Comment

Originally posted by lettuce
                    Any news on weather US or PAL Wii consoles will be multi-regional at all?
                    No regionfree-love for Nintendo-owners.

Comment

Apparently the UK Nintendo boss said it will not be, but the women who works for NOA (Perrin Kaplin I think) said it will be twice.

But I am expecting there to be a region lcok

Comment

It's been confirmed by Nintendo now that Perrin Kaplan made a mistake and that all games and Wii systems will be region locked.

Comment

Anyway we're going off topic a bit now (my fault)

WHENS VG+ GONNA GET THESE Wii's UP FOR PREORDER!!!?

Sick of waiting
                          asked again today, they replied that they are working out a few details before putting everything online. I hope they will get a free DHL shipping on costly orders, mine should be around 700 CAD...

Comment

Woohoo!! This just in.

DVDBO just email me to say:

Shipping Now Costs Much Less
                            At just 8lbs, this guy's lighter than anybody expected.

We're sending you this email because you've either ordered a Nintendo Wii, or you have added one to your shopping cart recently, and we thought you might be interested in hearing that the shipping cost for the Wii has been reduced by as much as 35%, now that we have received an official weight for the console from Nintendo.

If you've been hesitating on your order because of high shipping rates, you should find that shipping is much more reasonable now. If you had already ordered yours, regardless of the shipping charges on your original order, your frieght charges have been adjusted.
                            Maybe I have budget for an extra controller and another nunchuck!

Comment

I just got the DVDboxoffice email so I checked my account and my order is now ?161 inc shipping

Comment

Mine is reduced too. Think I will just leave checking VG+ now as I am happy with that price. Who knows when VG+ will open the orders.

Comment

Working...
                                X